“Feels like home and great for families!”

Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
“Feels like home and great for families!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We love to stay here, as it's comfortable, feels like home, and is a great location. The best part, especially with 4 grandchildren in the area under 5, is the large toddler pool with zero entry and max depth of 1'6". We also have a grandson who is 8 and the regular pool is large and fun for him. The kids love the breakfast and it's always convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Norwalk, Iowa
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at this property on 6/20. The rooms are clean and nice. Mattress was above average for a hotel. Unfortunately, I could not sleep. My room was next to the air conditioning units and the noise was too much. I really wasn't in my room much until I headed up at 10pm, so I did not notice the noise during the day. I tried for 2 hours to get to sleep. At 12:40am I finally called down to the front desk hoping to be moved and salvage the night. There were rooms available because I got online after my conversation w/ the front desk and checked. I also called the reservations # and asked.
When I called downstairs....
Eric(?, not positive on name) told me "If I did anything to stop the noise I would have to clear out the hotel. There is nothing I can do." ~ I wrote down his words when I hung up the phone because he expressed such a flippant attitude towards me.
I am a Diamond member with Hilton and have been for many years; meaning I stay w/Hilton frequently. I have never had a situation where I was dismissed like that. Huge disappointment. When I checked out, no one asked me how my stay was. As I was exhausted, I just left. I should have said something then and there, but just did not have the energy.

Anyhoo...the rest of the story.....

I did have a couple drinks and some food earlier in the evening. Food was really good. The bartender was very rude to his co-worker. It was very unprofessional.

The pool and spa areas are above average. The pool area has a kids pool. Great for smaller children. I also very much enjoy the outdoor space off the pool where you can grab some sun.

This was not my first visit to this property and I would recommend this hotel. I just had a really bad experience this time. As someone that works in the Hospitality Industry, I tend to expect as high a level of service as I give and that is just not realistic.

peace n love....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in two consecutive weeks, my first time at this hotel in WDM (having tried several of its competitors).

Got off to a good start both times, finding check-in to be quite efficient. The rooms were reasonably sized and quite clean. Good mattress and assortment of pillows. Bathroom was also clean and comfortably roomy.

I had breakfast one morning. Fair prices and good food.

I did not utilize any other services, but the staff seemed friendly and willing to help. Check out easy and bill correct.

This hotel is definitely on par with its peers in the geographical area and at a similar price point.

I need to research the loyalty program a little more, but I am moving it to number 2 on my list for West Des Moines (I am a frequent visitor), and if the rewards program stacks up, it could move to number 1.

Will stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while traveling to another destination. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was very large and nicely furnished. It included a Keurig coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and two TVs. It felt like an apartment. All that room for two teens for $140 plus tax. Well worth it. Seems like a nice area and if you needed or wanted to, you could base out of this hotel for several days and not feel too cramped. I'm not sure what you would do here for all that time but this would also be a good base for business travel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is a gem! The lobby has a wonderful area for friends to meet and greet.....there is a wonderful drink bar with iced lemon or fruit water, coffee, tea and anything a thirsty traveler would desire. WiFi is free and rooms are big and wonderful! We had a college floor reunion there and it was wonderful!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Washington, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

In the heart of prime shopping (Jordan Creek Mall) and at the crossroads of major Interstates (I35 & I 80), is a real find in hospitality and comfort! This Garden Inn is typical of the exceptional services you expect from this branch of Hilton Hotels. The friendly, helpful and professional staff raise it to a higher level. When staying Des Moines, keep this West Des Moines property in mind!! You won't regret it!

Room Tip: Upper floors away from pool and kids a good idea!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MurphyOConnell, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We are so glad to hear we have exceeded your expectations of Garden Inn's! Our staff is grateful for your recommendations. We can't wait to serve you again! Safe Travels!
Westminster, CO
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a wonderful night at this hotel. It was clean, spacious and the staff was very attentive. We had a lovely dinner and drinks and a restful night. The breakfast buffet was very good and had a great selection.
Will stay here the next trip back that way!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MurphyOConnell, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! We will look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for the kind words and please have safe travels!