Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek
Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$111
Staybridge Suites West Des Moines(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$101
Staybridge.com
Candlewood Suites - Des Moines(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$100
CandlewoodSuites
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$130
GardenInn.com
US$119
US$116
Hampton.com
West Des Moines Marriott(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$144
  • Pool
US$144
Residence Inn
US$134
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines West(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$84
Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$130
Courtyard
All reviewsjohnny's italian steakhousehi expressdes moinesrestaurant onsitelarge showergreat hotelwedding receptionpull out bedjordan creekbreakfast buffetwalk in showernice arearooms are cleanshopping and restaurantsliving roomhot tubwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Wasn't sure what to expect staying at a HI and not a HI Express. Purchased a room package that included breakfast in the hotel restaurant for two adults each morning. Kids eat free at every meal. We're used to the"free" convenient and quick breakfast in HIE but the rate we chose was $10 more/night which meant my mom and I would eat for about $5/piece. I think I heard the buffet is typically $8/person. Also wasn't sure how convenient the parking would be at a bigger hotel. Was pleased that we got a parking spot right up front each night. Ate dinner in Johnny's Steakhouse. My kids ate free so even though my dinner was a little on the pricey side, when averaged out, it really wasn't bad. I had a pasta dish that was very delicious. Server was great. We had the breakfast buffet in the restaurant two mornings. One of the days was a weekend day and they had an omelet station. They did not have the omelet station on the weekday but there was still plenty of hot items to choose from. They had the best bacon! And again, my kids ate free, so that is always a plus! Our room was plenty comfortable, but I would point out that I believe all the rooms have *showers* and not bathtubs. Maybe there are some exceptions? But our room only had a shower. We had to cut our trip short due to a death in the family and the front desk staff was very accomodating and understanding. The hotel was in what felt to us like a very safe area. Very convenient to the mall and plenty of restaurants. It is just a short drive off the expressway and a short drive to downtown Des Moines (10-15 minutes). If you're looking for a hotel that is a step up from the Holiday Inn Express model, then this is the hotel for you. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Nice property located within walking distance of Jordan Creek Mall. Newer H.I property with attached Johnny's Steakhouse restaurant. Entire hotel is nice. Rooms and public areas very nice. Flat screen TV in room with plenty of channels. Friendly desk help and hotel and restaurant workers. Price of hotel continues to creep. Breakfast offers a hot buffet but it's not that great. Not too many choices - maybe you can order from the menu. For 8.95, I've certainly paid more and gotten less. This is my top choice in West Des Moines.

Room Tip: Don't see any "negative" rooms. This is a quiet location.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Kubzfan
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This is a good value if you can get a discount

Nice and clean

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2011

West Des Moines is the "nicer" part of the city IMO, with several restaurants and a big mall with not much urban blight. We were there for a soccer tournament so we just needed a clean safe place to rest between games. The breakfast had several hot choices as well as the routine cold choices. The hotel was very clean and the personnel were friendly. The indoor pool was very small and had a cramped feeling but then again, we were not there to swim. This hotel also had a computer area, with two computers that you could log onto for free, but with a hotel full of kids it was hard to get to the computer before a kid got there...no time limit either so that was a hassle if you had to rely on that computer. Now I travel with my laptop, so its not an issue. Parking was plentiful around the entire property so you could choose to park under your window. Overall a nice stay for our business needs.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Momwith5kids
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I arrived at the Holiday Inn in West Des Moines with a fever of 100 degrees and a variety of other medical issues meaning that I felt dreadful. I needed emergency medical attention and the team helped me to find the local doctor, took me there in their minibus and then came to collect me and take me to get prescriptions. Lucas, the driver and the general manager were all fantastic in taking care of me.

The hotel is exactly what you would normally expect from a Holiday Inn, clean, modern, basic but this one had really great customer service so I would definitely recommend staying here.

My heart sank when I saw that there was a grill attached to the hotel (I'm a vegetarian) but they coped relatively well with this.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business