“Best Place in West Des Moines for the Money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of West Des Moines Marriott

West Des Moines Marriott
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Best Place in West Des Moines for the Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

It is a nice 2 1/2 stars hotel at West Des Moines. For the price paid $129 per night is fantastic. The maid housekeeping is a fantastic service. The Bed and pillows were excellent. Nice buffett breakfast on the weekends and during the week there is a Perkins cafe walking by 3-5 minutes. It is on Jordan Creek Parkway close to everything. I stayed here for a wedding at Des Moines Golf & Country Club and no complaints about hotel. Only missed valet parking service, but the parking is free and in front and side (big) of the hotel.

Room Tip: No special room asked.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
JimmMPR,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience and for your kind words. We hope you had a great time at the wedding and to see you again the next time you’re in West Des Moines.

Yours truly,

Lisa Tuller, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The decor and lighting is very pleasant. The Concierge Lounge is well stocked and spacious. The overall service everywhere was excellent. I had an accidental spill of some Diet Coke in my room, and they responded very promptly to my call about it.
The hotel is convenient to the highway and businesses in West Des Moines.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
TheBigChasMO,
Thank you for choosing West Des Moines Marriott. We appreciate your review and kind comments regarding the excellent service delivered during your stay. Our staff takes pride in their approach to hospitality, and I look forward to sharing your compliments. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for your review.

Concord
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I travel quite often for business and will choose the hotel with the best location for the price, but typically stay away from this Marriott even if the cost of another hotel is slightly higher. There are no refrigerators in the rooms. I liked a cold drink in the morning and at night when I return to the hotel. I also like to keep some fresh fruit in my room for a healthy snack. None of this is possible without a refrigerator. The cost to purchase these items at the hotel is expensive and not a good value, so I end up stopping at a store on my way to and from the office which is not at all convenient. Otherwise, the hotel is fine compared to others in the same class. The service is excellent, the front desk is helpful, and the rooms are modern.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Lynette H,
We appreciate your review and feedback from your stay. Thank you for acknowledging the excellent customer service you experienced at our hotel even though we do not offer refrigerators in the rooms. We value your feedback as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We do hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel lobby is attractive, but although it is a completely non-smoking hotel, I smelled residual smoke in our room,(I am highly allergic) along with high humidity. It was overpriced. I felt something biting me during the night so I did not have a good night's sleep .I told the desk clerk upon check-out about it, so they could examine the room before allowing others to stay in it. Although I'll l attend future events there ,I will never stay over again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Ileen E,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. We apologize that your stay with us was not a satisfying one. Your feedback is important to us and I hope to speak with you directly regarding the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know we take any issues of pests extremely seriously and performed a thorough inspection upon receiving your feedback. The results were negative, but we did take extra precautions to ensure the room does not contain pest of any kind. We appreciate your business and hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I recently attended a wedding reception here and I was sorely disappointed. The reception included somewhere in the vicinity of 400 people and the venue was definitely not big enough or staffed well enough to handle so many. The dance floor was miniscule, only about 20 people could fit on it, which makes sense because the entire rest of the room was taken up by tables. But it certainly alienated the majority of the attendees. The food was horrific, not even edible. The hors d'oeuvres were gross enough that I only had one of each and no more, even though I was starving, I decided to hold out for dinner; big mistake. The kids were served chicken fingers that were overcooked to the point that the girl at our table was banging it on the table and it wouldn't break. My husband had the steak, and that was actually good. It was cooked exceptionally well and was a large tender cut. I had the chicken and didn't eat more than one bite. My sister-in-law had the vegetarian and didn't eat more than a bite of hers either. I also heard that there was not enough food for everybody, but I didn't hear from anybody that went hungry. There were too many tables so that people could barely squeeze through and there were not enough waiters so that drinks were not filled and plates were not cleared. After dinner was over, all of the water glasses were removed and we were expected to pay for water bottles from the bar. As much as this couple paid for this venue, these things are unfogivable. I will advise all friends in the future to steer clear of this as a reception venue.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Maggieful,
Thank you for writing. Please know we take all guest feedback very seriously and would like to discuss the issues you encountered at your earliest convenience. I assure you that our highest priority is delivering the quality product and service that our guests have come to expect and deserve. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss. We appreciate your honest assessment and hope to hear from you soon.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were traveling across country and stopped at this hotel. Very nice property but oriented to the business traveler on an expense account.... pay for WIFI, king rooms had only one of everything..coffee, soap etc. Not a good value for a daily traveler.

1 Thank Willliam M
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Willliam M,
We appreciate the opportunity to serve your hotel needs during your travels across country and thank you for your feedback. It's unfortunate to hear that our amenities did not meet your expectations. Your comments provide us with many opportunities and assists our efforts to continuously improve our product and service offerings. We thank you for your feedback and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Kansas City, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here last night -- picked it on a recommendation. The place is fairly clean and in a decent location, but I now see that there are at least two other hotels within 2 blocks of this one. My main complaint is that the air conditioning units are old and make a lot of noise, which is not conducive to good sleep. This morning there was an A/C unit near the elevator that sounded like a semi pulling out of a parking lot. Also seems to be a spot for kids' sports teams, and that can complicate the situation when they have a breakfast buffet. Not terrible, but would not choose this again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
KaneoheBoy,
Thank you for writing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially in identifying ways we can improve our guest experience. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations and any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We do hope you'll consider giving us another chance to provide the exceptional stay that you deserve. Thank you again for writing.