“It's more like a 3.5”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines West
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just your ordinary off the highway Fairfield. Nothing bad and nothing special. Good location right off highway and two miles from a big mall for plenty of eating choices. Room was big and beds were comfy.

Workout room a bit small and hot tub under repair. Breakfast was a huge disappointment. Coffee was old and bitter and hot breakfast portion was not great.

A nice place with a little more good than average

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Abid T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your candid review of your stay. Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I look forward to your return visit with us, so you can continue to experience great service and improved accommodations at the Fairfield Inn and Suites West Des Moines.

Best Regards,
Abid Talic, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines West

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently stayed here and have to say that I was duly impressed. The hotel has had a facelift and the decor was really fun. I liked the varying patterns that were throughout the hotel. Our room felt very spacious and I liked the little couch off to the side with the fun tables. It was a great spot to sit and eat a little snack after a fun night out. The bed was extremely comfortable and I didn't hear much traffic from the highway as our room was on the "front" of the hotel. The lobby was jam packed with people who were there for a softball tournament, and I was appreciative of the front desk staff who asked me to please notify them if there was a noise problem as they would take care of it. They were attentive and able to provide prompt directions for a venue I was searching out. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The breakfast area was a bit crowded. Other than that, this was a great stay. It all seems newly updated. No complaints. We had a clean room that smelled good. Never have I had a more comfortable bed. I would recommend this Fairfield.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had never stayed at a Fairfield Inn before and this was a great first experience! The room was very clean, the employees very nice and breakfast was great! Will stay there agian if we get the chance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

After a long day and late arrival I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into my room and was upgraded (no request...just did it) to a suite with whirlpool tub and fireplace at a Govt rate.
The room was clean, the bedding bright white and crisp, the carpet and furnishings appeared nearly new. Spent three nights and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Modern style and really convenient to shopping and restaurants. And not a bad free breakfast buffet...included fresh fruits which was nice to see.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

After driving 8+ hours, we were in need of a comfy bed and a good nights rest....and it was delivered! Loved the decor and our room was very clean. The pillows felt great at first but were flat when you woke up in the middle of the night. I would recommend bringing your own or see if they have firmer ones to prevent neck strain. Bathroom had hot water and shower head was great!
Breakfast was a little less desirable but still good and fulfilling. They had Belgian waffles (a little thin mixture) turkey sausage, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, bagels, and muffins. Beverages included coffee and a juice machine that had water, orange, apple and cranberry.
Will definitely stay here again when we head west for vacations.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We returned again this year as we think this hotel is a great value for the money. We traveled 9 hours from Toledo, Ohio to West Des Moines, Iowa and found the hotel clean and the rooms well done. It's not the "Ritz" but it's comfortable and friendly. The staff is very friendly and willing to help if you need it. You can't beat the Marriott chain restaurants for the money and we'll for sure stay her again if we're on a motor trip West.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple