“Excellent service, atmosphere and rates”
Review of Valley West Inn

Valley West Inn
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I just checked this hotel out and must say that at Valley West Inn you will find yourself in a very comfortable place, with clean rooms, pillow top beds, plenty of room amenities, friendly personnel, great food and very affordable rates, which is wonderful for my business needs. Planning on recommending it to all my colleagues and friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Chiquis1980
There are newer reviews for Valley West Inn

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Had to stay here for a tennis event. The front desk person when we checked in was pleasant. The rooms were dirty and dated. The a/c was so loud that it repeately woke us up. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Our recommendation is to choose a different hotel. The photos online are not consistent with the condition of the hotel, especially of the pool. The hot tub was not functional and paint is peeling up from the bottom.

The hotel itself is dark and has a strange layout. The room was clean and there was a flat screen tv, but everything else is dated and old. The worst part of the experience is that the hallway to our room smelled like someone urinated in the hallway.

The staff that we interacted with were courteous and professional, but I wouldn't stay there again and would strongly discourage anyone I know of staying there until they make some significant upgrades.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My daughter and I booked in advance a room with 2 queen beds for a one-night stay while on our way to Chicago. We found out the State Fair was starting the day we would arrive, so no AAA or AARP discounts would be available. Though the room cost a bit more than we wanted, it was very clean and comfortable with everything in good condition. We appreciated the little fridge and the microwave, the WiFi with password protection, and also having 2 sinks, one in and one out of the bathroom. The pool was not heated, but still it was open in the evening and good for some water exercise. We would NOT recommend the restaurant adjoining the motel. We had to wait a long time while they cooked more pasta for our order, and then we could hardly see or taste the tiny pieces of chicken & vegtables in the pasta dish we ordered. It was way overpriced for what we got. We were not bothered by any noise and did have a very good night's rest . Desk staff very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I have utilized this facility several times over the past two years.
The staff is always very courteous and quite accomodating.
I have recommended this facility to family and colleagues alike.
First class service along with very competitive rates...great for my travel needs.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ghayles
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The website indicates the hotel has an on site bar, which is not true, the bar has been closed for some time. Our bathroom was dirty with feces on the toilet seat. The area is very dark and all the door indicate they will be locked for "guest saftey" at 11pm, however we also found out that is not true, they do not lock any of the doors ever! The hotel offered no guides for local food, or the television, we had a HBO program guide, however when we called to ask what channel it was on we were told " Some rooms have HBO some rooms don't". Overall we were very unhappy with the service and attitudes of the staff. I would not recommed it at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I travel constantly and have always found DesMoines to be a bit overpriced for the lodging options offered. This week, I discovered the State Fair was happening and looking on the Internet showed prices has doubled when a room was even available. I called this hotel since I have stayed here previously and they accomodated me at the standard rate. Excellent and thanks.. hence, I am taking time to do a review. The rooms are excellent but ignore the hallways and entry ways as they are in need of spruceup and repair. Sorry... no breakfast bar or papers in the am but I guess the price offsets those additions. WiFi is fine and location is great! Fridge and Microwave and Flatscreen TV in my room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Harpbreaker
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moin...
#20 of 22 in West Des Moines
#13 of 48 in Des Moines
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 8 in Clive

Been to Valley West Inn? Share your experiences!