“Dated ... certainly nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Valley West Inn

Valley West Inn
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Dated ... certainly nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Room was clean and will maintained, however, furnishings seemed very dated. No WiFi which in my mind is a big negative, there was a room down the hall that had computers for guest use. There is a restaurant and separate sports bar in the hotel and a large shopping center across the street. Located just off I-235.

Room Tip: If you can't walk steps ask for something on the ground level or near an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Terrell_msp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Somewhere, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Let me preface this by saying the actual bedroom itself was shockingly clean and decent compared to the rest of the facility. The hallways are dirty and run down, with stained carpeting and dingy dirty walls. The elevator belongs in a horror movie. To get to our room, we had to travel down 3 long hallways that just kept leading to another door and another door and then a staircase (even though we were on the first floor) and then another door. The "breakfast" consisted of a case of hard, stale mini-cinammon rolls. None of the outer doors into the hotel seemed to be locked no matter how late or early. And we didn't even attempt the pool after smelling the pool area. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank cableguy62120112
Council Bluffs, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Great Hotel with very reasonable rates. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were perfect..VERY CLEAN. Great location, near tons of restaurants (Joe's Crab Shack is my favorite) and the Jordan Creek Mall is only a couple minutes away. I travel often for work and very few hotels offer the convenience that Valley West Inn has. The hotel has a sports bar inside along a great pool for the kids and a great diner for food (fabulous breakfast, get the homemade green chili on your hashbrowns). You really don't even need to leave the hotel! Thanks for the great stay, I will be returning again very soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jason M
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Over the years, I hadn't heard great things about this hotel. But it recently went through a management change which has apparently done wonders for the place! I was impressed by the upgrades to the facility. It has a great little sports bar on the second floor, and was very convenient all the way across the board.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Nick T
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I recently needed an extended stay hotel that was good for my business and some place my family would enjoy with me on the weekends. I heard thru the grapevine that my needs could be met at The Valley West Inn, in West Des Moines, Iowa. My kids were thrilled due to the great indoor swimming pool, my wife was pleased, because she could shop till she dropped at a beautiful mall acrosee the street, and I could get my work done. It was my home away from home in the 3 months I would be in Des Moines. The staff made me feel like part of a family rather than a guest, and they have a great bar for me at the end of the day to relax. It's hard to be out of town, but this hotel made my life and travels much more pleasant. "Happy Travels"

Room Tip: I stayed in the middle of property. It seemed to be very convienient, to lobby, parking lot, etc.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 4BigSid
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a concert I came to town for. I left my phone at the event and the lady at the front desk let me use hers to contact who I needed to. She was very friendly. The new owners have done a lot of work to this staple hotel in Des Moines. It is very nice and the rooms are up to date. It has everything you need with a resaurant and a bar inside the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank fishaman36
Galliano, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I was recently had a trip to DM and wasn't sure where to stay since it was my first trip there.
My travel agent recommended this place and it was a pleasant surprise! The check-in was really pleasant and smooth and all of the employees were really nice and helpful. When I checked into the room it was really clean and the beds were really comfortable. Definitely check out the penalty box-the food is great.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ross C
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moin...
#17 of 22 in West Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moine...
#1 of 22 in West Des Moines
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
#10 of 49 in Des Moines
Hampton Inn & Suites West Des Moines/SW Mall Area
Hampton Inn & Suites West Des Mo...
#3 of 22 in West Des Moines

Been to Valley West Inn? Share your experiences!