“The Price Was Right”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Anamosa, Iowa
“The Price Was Right”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My wife and I just needed a place to sleep. Extended Stay was $50 via Hotwire, and excellent price for this particular weekend in Des Moines. The hotel is close to I-235 but far enough away to be quiet and restful. We've stayed in ESA properties before and have always been satisfied. Don't look for anything but the basics. The rooms are spacious and clean, even if a bit time-worn. No complaints, but would suggest management invest in better curtains to block more of the powerful orange light from the parking lot. We didn't need room service, but there was a substantial menu in the room, apparently from a nearby partner restaurant. If you just need a nice place to crash for an evening or two, ESA-West Des Moines is a decent choice.

Room Tip: Our room faced the north parking area and had strong light infiltration at night - maybe another si...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed the in-room menu we provide from a restaurant nearby and our clean, spacious rooms. I sincerely apologize that your sleep was hindered by some outside lighting.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wdm@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
jax
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Def no frills.must have spent the whole budget on the brick exterior.Because the interior got robbed.the inside has def seen better days.only plus is they upgraded tv's.ok for me but i wouldn't bring my girl here.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations; however, we are still in the process of bringing upgrades to the hotel. Starting with the exterior and then moving to the interior, we have bought brand new flat screen televisions and will be revamping the guest rooms next. To ensure we touch all areas our guests find important in terms of the renovation, we are taking note of your feedback.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wdm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The rooms at this Extended Stay America are larger than most. A separate living room and kitchen area define it. It could use a light remodeling and then it would be a great value. It seems to have a pool (it's snowing here) area and a minimal workout room with two of the thee pieces of equipment working.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you noticing how spacious our guest rooms are with seperate living spaces in some and in-room kitchens for all. I do apologize that not all of our fitness equipment was in working order and you did not get to experience our pool.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at wdm@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Come take a swim!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I would not recommend this hotel by any means to anyone going to stay in a hotel for an extended period of time. The employees are all unhappy about there work except for a couple and the manager does not care about the guest. When I checked in to this hotel my room I was assigned was never cleaned. I was then put into a second room in which was not cleaned very well. The next day I went down and spoke with the General Manager at this location Kristi and she seemed to not care or be surprised in anyway. I was moved to a third room and stayed in it for the duration of my stay. In this room I went to put the sheets on the pull out sleeper sofa and they smelled like cat pee. I also went to use the dishwasher and it had issues and told the GM and she said it will be fixed but forgot to right it down.. Next they missed my housekeeping days over and over . Then during my stay my door apprently did not close and my wallet was stolen out of my room. When I went and told the front desk agent she was to busy texting on her phone and I had to ask three times for her to call the cops because she though I was joking.. The only people that truthfully try to make your stay a decent stay and bend over backwards for the customers are the two weekend ladies. Becky and Sharon and also the only housekeeper that trys to meet all guest needs is Jessica....When I told them GM that I was checking out early she told the front desk not to check out me out that she wanted to make sure my room was fine.....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am meeting with the staff there to ensure concerns such as the ones you brought up to our attention are always addressed properly with the staff. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is the worst place I have ever stayed at. The management here does not care about the guest. The management lets the employees do whatever they want including take on there phone when you check in. I was trying to check in and the front desk lady was more concerned about facebook and told me to wait while she finished posting something. The rooms are not even cleaned very good. I would not say I would recommend this hotel to anyone...

Room Tip: Do not book here and you will be fine..
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our location. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your travels. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am addressing these items you brought to my attention with our staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Erie, Colorado
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice one night stay at this facility while driving from Colorado to Ohio. We booked it using Priceline and received a great rate. The room was massive with a living room, office area, kitchen with full-sized fridge, stove, dishwasher, and two beds. This is not at the level of a Residence Inn where we typically stay, but the rate was also one quarter or less too. The difference is mainly the public areas, the furnishings, and the overall decor.

Would we stay again? At a similar rate, yes! But at their normal rates most certainly not.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you for your review of our property in Des Moines. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you enjoyed our room layout. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Minnesota
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed here for five nights for business. It was my first time at this hotel chain. I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with the hotel. The room was clean and very spacious! It had a separate sitting area with a fold out sleeper couch. The kitchen was great as well for breakfast and preparing my lunch for the day. I recommend this hotel for anyone traveling for business or personal. It has plenty of room for a family. It is convenient to the highway and easy to get to.

Room Tip: If you are a nonsmoker try to ask for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you were able to discover what Extended Stay America is all about. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Des Moines
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
#12 of 48 in Des Moines
Staybridge Suites West Des Moines
Staybridge Suites West Des Moine...
#15 of 22 in West Des Moines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moine...
#11 of 22 in West Des Moines
Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines? Share your experiences!