“I Like This Place”

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I Like This Place”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is easy to find. I was checked in very quickly and got the exact room and location that I had asked about, very nice. The hotel is extremely well kept, pretty nice fitness center, Very nice pool area. Spacious rooms. Plenty of variety in shopping within a short drive. I was able to cook and enjoy a couple meals in the room, which is homey and money-saving. Enjoy, I did!!

Room Tip: The HyVee Grocery Store near by "is" the place to buy food. Check it out!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with your quick check-in, our fitness center and our pool area. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room, our location and your fully equipped kitchen. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Minnesota
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is my second time staying here for work. The rooms are clean, spacious, modern, and affordable. What more can you ask for! Oh, the free grab and go breakfast is convenient as well. I recommend this hotel for everyone, business traverals and families.

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It’s great to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay at a great value. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room and our grab-and-go breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there for about a month over the summer and liked it very much. Nice location to restaurants, the mall and grocery store. We definitely liked the kitchen in our room. Lisa at the front desk was nice and always helpful. If we're in the area we will definitely stay again!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you and your Husband enjoyed our hotel's location, the amenities we had to offer and the service our staff provided. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Iowa
Reviewed 25 June 2013

If not for the very reasonable weekly/monthly rates compared to name-brand extended stay hotels, I would have rated lower. Condition of the room I received was lower than expected based on the sample room shown. TV and microwave were newer but most items in room (furniture, oven, carpet, cabinets, etc) and bath were tired and worn looking. Bathroom drains had a fair amount of rust staining. There was a distinct smell of smoke which seemed odd for non-smoking floor. Biggest complaint was housekeeping did not clean my room based on the weekly schedule I setup with front desk. 9 days and still waiting for a cleaning and fresh towels/linens. Wireless internet speed was fine and staff was friendly. Ample closet space for a longer stay. Good location close to Interstate, restaurants, malls and businesses. With some moderate upgrades this would be a much, much better place to stay. Until then I could not give a high recommendation.

Room Tip: If possible, view the exact room you will be getting ahead of time to see if it meets your expectati...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are sincerely sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am working with staff to improve our housekeeping and maintenance services. As well, please know, we have recently received some upgrades to our hotel and are anticipating more to come in the near future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wdm@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Waterloo
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stayed here this past weekend for 1 night. I have stayed here in the past when it was Studio Plus. I'm glad that Extended Stay America took over this. When you first walk in to the lobby, you have to walk into the office as there is no front desk, which is kind of unusual. Checking in was easy and the staff person was nice and friendly.

Stayed on the first floor to the right of the lobby. When I walked into the hallway past the lobby, there was a bad smell lingering, like some horrible food smell or something. It was unpleasant and not a good way to start off the stay here. Got into the room which was a nicer looking room than when it was Studio Plus. Received a call from the front desk asking how the room was. Said it was nice so far and then advised the staff about the smell in the hallway. The other complaints I have besides the smell in the hallway (which went away when I came back to the hotel that night) was that there was no alarm clock in the room, which is kind of unusual for a motel room not to have. Had to use my cell phone as an alarm clock. There are no plastic cups in the bathroom like what you would see at other motels. Had to use the drinking cups that were in a cupboard in the kitchenette. Finally, the room needed some dusting by the ceiling in the bedroom area and the kitchen area. Might need to teach their housekeeping how to dust a little better.

All in all, it was a nice place to stay. There has been some improvement since Extended Stay America took it over. There is still signs of Studio Plus (still says Studio Plus on the room numbers). It's right off I-235 in West Des Moines, so it's easy to get to different parts of town easily. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms to the right (east) of the lobby were quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to that you found there to be a slight odor in the hallways and for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wdm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This was an ok stay. My biggest upset was the poor bed and the sink in the kitchen took forever to drain. Overall we liked our stay. If you are looking for a descent priced, well located place to stay in Des Moines I would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear of the bed discomfort and the plumbing issue. In response to your feedback, I have requested maintenance to investigate the mattress condition and to address the slow drain.

KATY
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed here for three nights and it met our expectation. The front desk was super friendly and even remembered my name when we checked out.

Its location is closed to the Valley West Mall and many places to eat.

There's coffee in the morning and some muffins and oatmeal packages in the lobby which was convenient when we needed a quick bite heading out.

We were satisfied and would definitely come back if ever we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
#13 of 48 in Des Moines
Staybridge Suites West Des Moines
Staybridge Suites West Des Moine...
#13 of 22 in West Des Moines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moine...
#11 of 22 in West Des Moines
Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines? Share your experiences!