“Service wins the day!”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Des Moines, Iowa
“Service wins the day!”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

After a prestigious downtown hotel couldn't find our corporate rate, then asked me to call Chicago to get it straightened out, I told them I'd call Hampton Inn instead.

The representative from Hampton (Summer) quickly found our rates, and politely handled the call. I told her about my bad experience, and she infomed me that she was glad I selected Hampton Inn.

When I arrived at Hampton, I was greeted quickly and professionally. When I got to my room,there was a hand written note frm Summer welcoming me to The Hampton Inn West Des Moines, and letting me know the staff was available to help. she included two chocolates.

The rest of my hampton experience was equally impressive. Us

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Iowa
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We have held several of our corporate sales meetings at the Hampton Inn West and the staff goes out of their way to ensure that all of our needs our met. From their meeting rooms, excellent breakfast, A/V equipment and overall hospitality - I would highly recommend this hotel for your business needs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Iowa
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This was a great hotel, easy to find off I80. Quick to get to the Johnson Creek Mall area which has lots of restaurants.

Our room was spacious, clean and very nice. Your pretty standard Hampton Inn. The only downside and it was very small was that the hotel was booked so breakfast was busy. My husband was able to get food and bring it back to our room, so no real inconvenience.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stopped for a night at the Hampton Inn in West Des Moines. The room was well sized, well appointed (for a budget chain) and CLEAN - the latter being the most important aspect for us. The location, just off I-80, is ideal if you are traversing the country and need a spot for the night.

We had an excellent dinner at the Granite City Brewery near by. There is also a Panera and Starbucks close by.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Small town KS, USA
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Since I knew I would be staying for a week, when they first assigned me a room on the 3rd floor and I knew I would be packing stuff in and out every day, I asked for something different. They couldn't accommodate my request right then because they were pretty packed but asked me to check back in the morning and immediately moved me to a room that was ideal for my needs. The A/C was leaking and the carpet was wet; they immediately fixed it. The housekeeping staff took great care to make sure I had everything I needed, often before I knew I needed it. The manager learned my name--freak accident--but took the time to make sure I was feeling okay and that everything about my stay was going well.
Extremely comfortable bed. Great internet connection. The one (minor) negative (for me) was that they were busy, busy, busy. (No surprise there, when they do so much to make your stay comfortable.) But the excellent breakfast and the room it was served in was always packed. The parking lot was almost always full. Minor inconveniences which obviously come with staying in a hotel that does such a good job, it's always full. (Oh, and I only got hot cookies one night because I was never there during their 'happy hour.' But even then, the front desk volunteered to save me one if I requested it.)

Room Tip: Ask and it shall be given. I seriously felt the staff in this hotel would do its utmost to fulfill...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here while he was in Iowa on business. It was clean and the staff was friendly. It was in a good location and we would definiately stay here again.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2011

this hotel has alot to offer. i loved the location as it was easy to get to from interstate 80. it was in a quiet business park but within minutes of numerous great restaurants, groceries and the jordan creek mall. i enjoyed this as you can enjoy all that west des moines has to offer but still be in a quiet area to rest. the hotel was extremely clean and the room was very comfortable. the pool area was nice and the cookies and happy hour were bonuses. as always there was a large breakfast available with many choices. the staff was very helpful in giving directions or information. this is the nicest hampton inn we have stayed at and will return when we visit again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family