“Hampton West Des Moines Iowa”

Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Clean, friendly, decent breakfast, nice pool and jaccuzzi with easy access to the freeway. The staff was efficient and helpful. No problems. They offered complimentary wine and beer in the afternoons which was a nice touch.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
rhansenwdm, General Manager at Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We love to hear from our guests and always appreciate any feedback we receive.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope to see you again if your travels bring us back to our area.

Thank you again for your comments and for helping other travelers choose a place to stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 515-223-4700 or by email at rhansen@ncghotels.com if I can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

After travelling 10 1/2 hours from Douglas, Wyoming and both sick with colds we were looking for a place to lay our heads. As we pull in we see a bus with a College Hockey team, a big red flag goes up for both of us. We were ready to stay somewhere else. We had booked the reservation online and requested a first floor. When we arrived there were no first floor rooms available. We definitely did not want to stay on the floor with the Hockey team. Hannah, the front desk manager did a great job accomodating us with a third floor room, away from the elevator. We had a beautiful King bed room. Everything was clean and in order and a good nights sleep was had by all. In the morning we enjoyed an adequate breakfast. Definitely would recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We sincerely welcome and appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the room and amenities.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great hotel, great location, and great access to outdoor run/walk trails. The staff was excellent, the rooms were great, and the convenient access to the interstate is a plus for accessing downtown business. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it. Thanks for the hospitality!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We always enjoy hearing feedback and comments from our guests.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to have you as our guest in the future when or if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was on a business trip and decided to stay here. I was here 5 days. I did not experience any concerns or problems which was great. From 5-9pm, they had free beer and wine for their guests with cookies and snacks. This was the added touch.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the evening welcome reception.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Everything feels old, the mattress was off the frame, the middle metal part was sticking out, I walked right into it, and hurt myself. Called front desk, who immediately sent someone to come up to move the mattress back in place. The room smelled like chemicals or air freshener. Would prefer to use real glass for drinking instead of disposable plastic cups.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn West Des Moines for your recent visit to our area. Thank you also for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience. We always take the feedback we receive as invaluable and utilize it as learning opportunities to make our hotel and our teams stronger.

I apologize for the condition in which you found the mattress and frame. I have asked our housekeeping team to be more diligent in checking for issues such as this when they are in the rooms.

Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance, now or in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

On the road for a week and this was the best hotel experience we have had for a year. Staff was friendly and helpful, service and food were great, and the room was clean, well appointed, and very comfortable. Highly recommend if you are in the Des Moines area!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest should your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Awesome Stay! Only place to stay in West Des Moines for quality and price! I plan my stays around Hampton Inns and Hiltons. I am a Hiton Hornors Member and I do take advantage of the hilton honors program points and discounts

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I wanted to thank you also for your loyalty to the brand! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area.