“Clean and courteous”

Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Reviewed 20 January 2014

excellent staff, clean and comfortable rooms, great breakfast. will stay there again, very pleased with the 4 nights we have spent there in the last year. Breakfast is well above what we expect from most hotels, adds to the value of the stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
rhansenwdm, General Manager at Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Hi Clark,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We always enjoy hearing feedback from our guests.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us as well as the breakfast, cleanliness and the staff.

Thank you again for your comments and for helping other travelers choose a place to stay. We do hope to have you as our guest in the future when or if your travels bring you back through our area. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 515-223-4700 or by email at rhansen@ncghotels.com if I can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was the first stop on the way to Seattle, where my son is relocating from Louisville. We arrived around 9pm and were greeted by a very friendly clerk who's name unfortunately escapes me. She was prompt, smiling and helpful in every way. We were very tired and asked for a list of restaurants that delivered. She had 2 suggestions but recommended a pizza place by the name of Sarpinos's who would deliver to the room. That turned out to be a great suggestion. I will write a separate review on them.
The beds were great and the large bathroom was well stocked and very clean. The heat and temperature controls worked perfectly and kept the room very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was typical of most Hampton Inns. The self made waffles were the best of the offerings and were very good. Check out was a breeze and we received a friendly good bye. All in all a very pleasant stay. This is one of the best Hampton Inns we have stayed in. If we ever return to Des Moines we will return to this hotel. Good Job Hampton Staff!!

Room Tip: I always choose 2nd floor rooms when available for quietness and ease of using stairs if necessary.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We love to hear from our guests and always appreciate any feedback we receive.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the helpfulness of the staff and the amenities. We would love to have you back again when or if your travels bring you back through our area. Hopefully everything went smoothly with your son's relocation.

Thank you again for your comments and for helping other travelers choose a place to stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 515-223-4700 or by email at rhansen@ncghotels.com if I can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This Hampton Inn has a VERY friendly and helpful staff. It is very clean and quiet and I enjoyed my stay there. I only wish I had had time to experience more of the amenities like the pool and fitness room...they looked beautiful!

Hi Patricia,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We love to hear from our guests and always appreciate any feedback we receive.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff. We do hope to have you as our guest again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Been a while since stayed at this property and was extremely pleased by the facility, services, and espeecially the staff. Room was clean and quiet, breakfast was great. Didn't use all the facilities but those utilized were great!

Hi Mark,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us as well as the staff, services and breakfast.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

And that's good. Clean, well kept hotel and friendly staff. Great location with plenty of restaurants and services. Only 15 minutes from downtown Des Moines. Plan on staying there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Joseph,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the friendly staff and our location. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

There are no surprises here, but nothing is memorable. The bed was extremely comfortable, but the internet was slow, the technology old and the lack of bar/restaurant was not something I was prepared for. The quality of the complimentary breakfast was not good; weak coffee, fake eggs, greasy links, and the usual supply of bagels and spreads in plastic tubs. I suppose a lack of restaurant does not allow for an in house chef and the cafeteria style was not inviting. I would have preferred to pay for breakfast, and I did elsewhere. I think I will be looking for something a little more upscale on my next trip for work.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
rhansenwdm, General Manager at Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Hi Kirsteen,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of the beds. I am sorry, however, to hear of your disappointment with the lack of a bar and restaurant as well as the breakfast selection. We do offer a weekday evening welcome reception with complimentary beer, wine and snacks. In addition, we have a partnership with a great local restaurant that does provide room service options. If you were not made aware of those amenities by our staff, I am truly sorry. Hampton as a brand has been making some changes to the breakfast selection for all of their hotels. Some items have recently been upgraded and other changes are on the way. I do hope you will consider giving our hotel another opportunity to earn your future business should your travels bring you back to our area.

Thank you again for your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 515-223-4700 or by email at rhansen@ncghotels.com if I can be of any assistance, now or in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We thought the hotel was great to accommodate 3 travel teams at the same time. We had to go to desk to ask for extra towels and blankets for the kids since we got the King bed with sleeper couch only had towels and blankets for 3. not a big deal for us. Good breakfast selection in the mornings and coffee most of the day.

Room Tip: Depending on how you travel the King suites were great and try and get one in middle of hall since w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the breakfast selection. We certainly look forward to having you as our guest again when your travels bring you back to our area, whether with the hockey team or otherwise.