“Great place to stay.”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Pennsburg, United States
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Hampton Inn located in Des Moines, Iowa is one of our preferred locations for rest and respite while traveling out west every year. The rooms are always clean and tidy and we have found the staff to be helpful. The breakfast is good and the parking spaces are large enough for a pick-up truck. The location provides easy access to and from Interstate 80.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We decided to use some of our Hilton Honors points for a free room at this location since we were visiting friends in the area and didn't want to impose on any of them for an overnight stay.

The desk clerk was very busy when we arrived. He was trying to check us in and had two calls coming in. It was crowded due to a number of people staying because of sports events going on.

Our grandson loved the indoor pools since we arrived after 8 p.m. and it may have been chiller to swim outdoors. The complimentary breakfast was good.

Surprisingly with all the kids running around for sports events, I was amazed at how quiet they were. We even had a few of them staying on our hall.

The only drawback I found was that this rooms was smaller than the complimentary room we were given in Cookeville, TN. The beds were doubles instead of queens but since we were just staying one night we managed just fine.

Russell, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

West Des Moines did not disappoint us! My son and I were in town for a baseball tournament. He is fifteen and we both enjoyed our stay. What a beautiful facility and great staff. Very happy we chose to stay at the Hampton Inn.

swisher, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel worked very well for us while attending the USSSA state baseball tournament. The hot tub and pool area was very relaxing for the players and parents and the complimentary breakfast was just what the players needed before a day full of baseball games.

Fort Dodge, Iowa
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I writing this review for the new hampton inn downtown des moines iowa. Just want to make that clear. Ok I was greeted by Ale at the front desk she was very friendly and attentive. My reservation hot messed up and she was able to get me a comfortable room. She offered my daughter cookies and even gave me yogurt and fruit. Talk about service. Then McKenzie at the front desk brought me a roll away bed. She sprang right into action. She later brought up extra towels. That evening I was greeted by Teresa she worked the night shift. She gave me complimentary water. In the morning she talked and joked with my daughter. We got a breakfast bag on the way out to catch a flight. Very good service. I would recommend this hotel. I also love the decor in the lobby and breakfast area. Thanks to the ladies at hampton inn - downtown location.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
St.Charles, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I wanted a quiet night to stay on the west side of Des Moines. It had everything I wanted and was quick and easy access from I-80. I was nervous about all the kids I saw checking in for a sports tournament but they were very well behaved and never heard a sound from them even though many were on the same floor as me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Roselle
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This Hampton Inn was a nice place to stay but it was way overpriced at $169 plus tax. I think they were taking advantage of a baseball tournament and also a decathlon event to get away with these rates.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple