“Business trip”

Cozy House & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed here for an entire week for business. The room was clean, staff was very friendly but I think this place could use some upgrades! The pool was being worked on so it was closed, and it seemed like I was the only one there most of the time. Once again, it could use some upgrades and/or remodeling but it was clean and quiet.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JPAWaukesha

Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Easy to make a reservation by calling the hotel directly. Hard to get ahold of hotel 5 days prior to reservation to change to a room with double beds. Called 4 times in 1 day never got the hotel, so I called Best Western directly. NO help there. Finally get hotel to be told that they are sold out, have to use roll away. Ooook.
Arrival and check in great. Hotel room is great, snug putting roll away in middle of room.
Next day - breakfast is typical continental breakfast. Food fast before leaving for all day hunt.
Arrive back at hotel at 5:30 pm to about 15 teenagers running, jumping AND screaming throughout the hotel upstairs.
Go directly to desk staff. They call upstairs to room to quiet down. Not 5 minutes later directly over my bed the teenagers are jumping and running. Back to front desk - "i will tell the manager."
15 minutes went by then the teenagers are back to running, jumping and dropping stuff on floor above my bed.
I went up the stairs to find the teenagers running down the halls, running from room to room and JUMPING on the furniture and tubs. I screamed at those standing in the hall then went back down to front desk.
Did I mention that the trailer trash parents were sitting in the lobby this entire time??
I told the front desk about my adventure and asked them to call the Police.
I was told that the "manager" had gone upstairs and talked with them about this mess.
Go back my room to constant noise from above for 20 minutes. Went BACK to the front desk and demanded she go upstairs with me. She refused, went and got the manager. Manager tells me that "my apartment is in back and can not hear any of the noises you are complaining about!"
I demand she go upstairs with me. We go up to find 2 teens running room to room and trash thrown in the hallway. Parent sees us in the hall and runs to 1 of the rooms. Manager tells me " all I hear is people walking around."
She walks back downstairs to the desk then asks me what I EXPECT her to do about this mess of a situation?
I told her that I didn't care if the Police or Swat team showed up but she had better do something about it because she sure didn't give a crap about my stay. She walked away from me at that point got on the phone.
It is currently 9:00 pm and I am still having to listen to the "walking."
Called ALL hotels near by in Williamsburg to be told they are sold out.
I made the mistake of coming BACK to this hotel. Had the same exact problem last year! Changed rooms this year thinking that last was a fluke. Desk clerk just told me that these are the SAME ignorant people from last year.
My family does NOT recommend this hotel. They (management) REFUSE to take care of customer concerns nor do they contact outside help for resolution.
Contacting lawyer to find out what can be done to resolve my situation.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank N2Travel1
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Clean, quiet room with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee-maker.
Bed was firmer than I like.
Attractive lobby.
Unusually large indoor pool.

Not really a suite like an Embassy with a door between rooms.

Pretty good breakfast included.
Waffle-maker! Hard-boiled eggs.
Free wireless Internet.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

At the last minute my family decided to drive half way to my parent's house in Omaha so that we did not have to spend a whole day in the car (the kids appreciated that!!). So we decided to stop overnight in Williamsburg, IA and settled on the Best Western Cozy House & Suites. I see that it is ranked number 3 in Williamsburg, but I cannot fathom how they cannot be number 1! Those other hotels must be quite upscale! Check-in was very smooth and the front desk receptionist was very cheerful and helpful!

We had requested a room with 2 queen size beds and a pull out couch, just enough for our family of 6, including an 11 month old. Upon arriving in our room I was surprised at how spacious the room was! Even the bathroom had more than enough room! The room was very clean...much more than I expected!

We decided to spend some time in the pool, which the kids enjoyed immensely! There is even a separate pool outside that joins the inside pool. The hot tub was HOT!! We could only stand it for about 10 minutes...just enough time to relax the aching muscles!!

Breakfast in the morning was nothing special, but it more than filled us up! The dining area reminded me of something you would find in a farmhouse.

If I had one complaint, it is that there is not elevator, and it appears most of the rooms are upstairs. But if that is the only complaint, how can you go wrong?!? So if you need a place to stay near Williamsburg, you must stay at the Best Western Cozy House & Suites...you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My wife and I spent the night at one of our favorite places from the past in the Amana Colonies. The BW Cozy Suites is still a very attractive nightly stop. The lobby is the same it has been for decades, same cozy furniture and the pool area is attractive with the indoor - outdoor pool.
BUT........
We found our room furniture to be the same as it was decades ago....sitting in them was very uncomfortable. The bed was the same way, we both rolled toward each other all night long and the mattress sagged deeply when you sat on them. The towel were small and on their last leg. We did find the WI FI to be OK. Breakfast is nothing special, but enough to get you going. If the owners would put some money into the basics at this motel, it would again be a comfortable overnight stop. If not this will be our last stop at an old favorite. Check out the room before you stay.................

Room Tip: Check out your room before you swipe your credit card........
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MNrumrunner
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I took my family to this hotel last winter for a overnight stay and some shopping at the outlet center.....Staff and accomidations were great......The main draw for us was the neat pool,The main pool was the typical stuff but a channel leads tot he outside and another smaller pool that was really cool to out in when there was cold temps and snow on the ground,My 6 year old grandaughter had a blast swimming "Outside" in the middle of winter! I recommend this Best Western!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jerry455
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We stayed here on our trek through the NE quadrant of Iowa for a family road-trip-style vacation. I wanted something convenient to the Amanas with breakfast, and this ended up being our choice. Generally we were pleased - rooms were quite spacious, with two double beds and a sitting area with couch, chair, and both coffee and writing tables. Everything was clean and the place in general was pretty nice for the price range, sort of loosely keeping with the Amana theme by means of incorporating antiques (for example, one of our room lamps was made out of an old crock, and the phone in the lobby was antique-style).

The main complaint I had was with a few of the amenities that were promised but largely unusable. First of all, the free Wi-Fi was next to unusable. There appeared to be two Wi-Fi networks for the building, and I could get neither of them in our room, using both a laptop and an iPhone to test them. On our second day there I found that if I sat in the corner of the hotel room near the bathroom, I could eek out enough signal to get *very slow* internet. Remember that nice seating area I mentioned above, with the couch, table, etc? Totally unusable if you needed the internet. I saw someone working in the lobby on a laptop so I have to believe this problem wasn't isolated to our room.

Our other issue was with the "fitness center". First, calling this tiny room a "center" is a bit laughable - it was barely large enough to hold the three small pieces of equipment that were in it. But worse, all three of those pieces of equipment didn't work. The treadmill was missing the safety key. The stepper wouldn't turn on (possibly dead batteries). The exercise bike was somewhat usable, but the display didn't work (again, likely dead batteries). When we were checking out my wife mentioned this and we were told we were supposed to check out the treadmill safety key from the front desk. Well, nice of them to tell us that. Even if the equipment worked, it was very much the sort of stuff you might buy at Wal-Mart, not anywhere near fitness club quality.

Anyway, it was generally a good place, just don't count on the WiFi working or getting a good workout.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Rehcsif
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Best Inn Cozy House & Suites
Zuber's Homestead Hotel
Zuber's Homestead Hotel
#1 of 1 in Homestead
Holiday Inn Express Coralville

Been to Cozy House & Suites? Share your experiences!