“Excellent experience”
Review of Baru 66

Baru 66
Reserve with OpenTable
Baru 66 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (515) 277-6627
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The dining experience here is outstanding from beginning to end. The food here is different from ordinary restaurants, which is very refreshing. The dishes are created by the chef and he does an excellent job of combining flavors and foods together. We had an anniversary dinner there and don't regret choosing this restaurant!

1  Thank Pam S

Reviewed 29 May 2013

at a recent lunch (Wednesdays only) we had a wonderful 3 course "box" from the menu. It included a special soup, a delicious entrée and a superb crème brulee. and our server was gracious, attentive and informative. Be sure to reserve because the word is out about the wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My Fiancee and I had the pleasure of attending a special Valentine's Day 6 course meal at Baru 66. Words simply cannot describe the wonderful food and beautiful, careful presentation of each course. Chef David Baruthio (Semi-finalist, James Beard Foundation nominee for "Best Chef:Midwest") was definitely on his game that night! My date and I spent several hours there and never felt rushed, nor did we notice people waiting at the door. That means the limited number of reservations were timed perfectly and there was no pressure in the kitchen to push out anything that wasn't absolutely perfect.

I could go on and on about the food and the wine list, but since everything changes with the seasons, it's best to look up the menu online. Chef is especially amazing with lamb, sauces and duck, having learned French cooking from where else? His childhood home in France.

Romantic French cuisine. Perfect. The food here is not eaten, it is EXPERIENCED.

Bravo.

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

I was here simply for dessert and coffee and want to come back for a full meal! I love the service here and the atmosphere. I had the creme brulee and our waitress mentioned a Nutella creme brulee that was not on the menu so we tried that as well. I loved both and enjoyed french press coffee with it. The presentation was impressive with the caramel drizzle and spoon of vanilla ice cream!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is the place to go for those special occasions! The food is fantastic and the service is great. My husband and I took my mother here for her 71st birthday. The meal started with an amuse bouche, a single, bite sized hors d'œuvre' of steak tartare which was amazing! We then tried the rutabaga soup - oh my! Rutabagas are now my favorite vegetable. The soup was so decadent! We tried three different entrees: the Amish chicken, halibut and the duck. All three were cooked to perfection and even though the portions aren't huge they are just the right size. Great wine list and service is impeccable. Can't wait to go there again!