“Pretty good food... not bad price”
Review of Rudy's Restaurant

Rudy's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Winterset
Kansas City, Kansas
“Pretty good food... not bad price”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

WE stopped in Winterset towards the end of our trip and were in need of good food. I found this place on Tripadvisor and thought we should give it a try. The menu is rather ecliptic, but the food is pretty good. Wait staff are helpful and readily give out suggestions. It is a small place, so be prepared for some stares :)

• Visited August 2013

Iowa
“Home cooked, made to order!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Friendly waitress, even the other customer's seemed like family! Hamburger and tenderloin - delicious! Water glasses were kept full and onion rings came with etra plate for sharing. Wish I had room for dessert as sure it would also be home cooked. Specials each day looked very good and big portions for sharing.

• Visited August 2013
Ohio
“Homemade noodles”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

While visiting John Wayne's birthplace, we stopped at Rudy's to have a quick lunch. We ordered the lunch special that included homemade noodles over mashed potatoes, green beans, a roll, with a strawberry dessert for a very reasonable price. It was delicious. We saw others with plates of burgers and onion rings that looked just as good. Our friend had a large broasted chicken breast that she reported as tasty. The waitresses and other staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We would definitely return here for another meal.

Visited August 2013
Wellington, NZ
“Breakfast at Rudy's”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I walked in Rudy's bright and early this morning. I enjoyed the breakfast combination platter. This included 2 eggs, 4 strips of bacon, hash browns, 2 slices of toast, and a glass of water to wash it down with.

No complaints here, everything served was very good. I even got a little syrup in the mix, and enjoyed a very good feed. I was quite impressed with the toast.

Rudy's had a great local feel, while I was dining in. Plenty of local chatter filled the restaurant, and the coffee pot was making the rounds from table to table.

There are plenty of parks outside, and around Rudy's making it easy to access. There was a full house this morning, and I'm glad I stopped by for breakfast.

• Visited July 2013
Carson City, Nevada
“Old style hamburger”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I had the hamburger which was juicy and came on a nice, high quality bun which didn't get soggy. The hamburger was formed by a person and not precut like most hamburgers. The onion rings were exceptional. Lightly battered, small size, tender rings. The restaurant was clean and the service terrific. My husband says that the price was perfect.

Visited June 2013