“never on a saturday”

The King's Head Brooke
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Brooke
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The King 's Head in Brooke is a fabulous classic family run and family friendly country pub with great food, friendly staff, cask ales, wine and beautiful garden. Join us for coffee or enjoy a fabulous lunch or dinner with locally sourced produce and daily specials. At the weekends breakfast is served from 9.30am till 11.00 and our traditional Sunday lunches are available from noon to 6pm. Children and dogs are welcome and we have a large car park too. Just a twenty minute drive from Norwich so come and see us soon!
Norwich, United Kingdom
“never on a saturday”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

had a lot of promise, but the food had that "the chef is off today" look, it looked and tasted tired and reheated.
\in keeping with the food the front of house seemed tired and dozy and all over the place.

Fair do's the chef needs a day off ,so do not go there on a saturday lunch, we will give it one more go [ not on a saturday lunch] but we will try the pub up the road first,

• Visited May 2014

norwich.norfolk. england
“lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went here with friends on Friday 26th April and the service and food were lovely.
The Kings burger was great,and the portion was huge. I normally always have a sweet but my main was so big I couldn't fit one in.
Will go again !!

Norwich
“Keep going back because it's so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've been to the King's Head on several occasions now and cannot fault the food or service. I am a HUGE fan of the nut roast. So few places serve nut roast and I want my Sunday roast same as everyone else! My meat eating friends and family tell me the roasts they've had there are delicious too (they certainly look it.)

I have also been during the week and enjoyed other dishes too. Always fresh, always well cooked, always tasty. My friends and family love it there. Good service, friendly atmosphere - thank you!

Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Needs a tweek to make it perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here at lunchtimes many times and the food is excellent. There is a varied menu and the prices are very reasonable. On this occasion we came for an evening meal with friends and I'm afraid on this occasion I was disappointed. The waitress service was appalling, she literally dumped our drinks on the table, lent over us to serve the food and when asked what the pie of the day was stated "beef". No other word or explanation and no niceties at all. My vegetarian dish was very small when compared with the other meals that arrived, it was very bland and dull, dull, dull. No Mediterranean vegetables to be seen but there was one mushroom and one sliver of red pepper. With a bit of effort to cut up the halloumi cheese the dish was saved from losing all it's flavour entirely. Shame really I know that usually the food here is fantastic. Desserts were lovely and the other waitress served us for that and coffee so the evening was saved from the embarrassment of complaining. The pub is decorated well but the toilets were dirty and I think that is a simple thing to rectify. I will go back because I still think it's one of the best places around but the small attention to detail does need to be addressed.

Visited April 2014
Brixham, United Kingdom
“What a Great find in a rural village close to Norwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Village 'Pubs' can be so 'Hit & Miss'....but not the The Kings Head in Brooke.

During a whirlwind weekend in Norfolk, we were staying at a very well known local Golf Resort Hotel close to the village of Brooke and were invited out by friends to savour the delights of their local Pub / Restaurant.

The Bar had a great selection of Ales and Wines to entice all, and complimented by friendly and efficient service from an array of well mannered and courteous staff and management.

The comprehensive evening menu was accompanied by a well appointed 'Specials Board' and our table of four had no hesitation in choosing from the selection on offer.

The standard of food was all very acceptable, well presented and affordable.

One our next visit to the area we will certainly be visiting this establishment again.