“Loved the food and the service”

Zarda Cottage Indian Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Yalding
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

First time at the restaurant and drove a few miles to see what all the positive Tripadvisor reports were about. Struggled a little to park the car close as it was raining but managed ok. The restaurant was quiet on the Thursday evening and though we booked there didn't seem a need to check our booking. The restaurant decore was clean and pleasant and always good to hear indian background music. The service was very good and all pleasant. The food was presented really nicely and somewhat different to other local restaurants. Quality of the food was really good but not exceptional enough to make me want to drive past my local indian and a further 6 miles to get there especially with the car parking potential problem. We did also think the food was not very hot (temperature) and there were no hot plates to keep the food warm. One thing that does stand out was the dessert. This was the first time I can ever remember having a dessert in an Indian restaurant. We shared a Zarda pudding which was really very, very nice and to be recommended.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had seen the reviews on this restaurant so booked a table on a Saturday night.

It was full and I think we took the last table. But there was a large table of 12 which I think caused delays with the kitchen.

We don't mind waiting for food so munched on the poppadoms. The starters arrived and were very creative for an Indian restaurant. I had the prawn purée it was lovely.

I plumped for one the their specialities for main which I didn't like but my partner did. It was a shame as it was full of meat but I found the sauce a little too creamy and odd. His bhuna was very nice though.

All in all a pleasant evening but the wait for food was quite long but it wasn't just food that was thrown together.

The restaurant is in a listed building and didn't have a great restaurant feel more late scale dining room. But all this said we enjoyed our food and the staff were pleasant.

We will return to try other dishes.

1  Thank Saunders-long
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having Have had a take away from here and throughly enjoying it we came to the restaurant for my husbands birthday meal. We weren't disappointed. Starters were lovely especially the scallops. Mains were all delicious and presented very well not all in silver bowls like most Indians we have been too. Plenty of food. A really lovely setting. All the staff are very attentive and couldn't do enough for you. The bill was very reasonable and well worth it for the quality of food. We have been to many Indian restaurants and this is by far one of the best in my opinion. Would like to try the Sunday buffet. Very good experience. Well done Zarda!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our first visit with friends. We had a most enjoyable meal. Good advice from the staff on choice of dishes. All in all an excellent evening was had. We will return D&S 4/4/14

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have been to this lovely restaurant with its excellent, varied menu, three times now, twice for dinner and once for the Sunday lunch buffet. I am sure we shall become regulars! There is a wide variety of dishes, traditional and signature, both for vegetarians and omnivores. Surprisingly, the buffet was excellent for vegetarians, with four hot dishes, nan bread and two salads. For meat eaters there was a choice of chicken and lamb dishes, which my partner enjoyed. the service was excellent: one of the waiters was keen to explain which dishes were vegetarian. We haven't yet managed desert - the starters and main courses are so good! we saw some delicious looking ice creams being taken to other tables, so perhaps we should try and leave some room next time! The exposed beams and fireplace make the interior attractive, which is one of the reasons I have rated the restaurant so highly for romance - and, of course, Yalding is a very picturesque village.

1  Thank Steve T