“Our New Favourite Indian Restaurant - & A First Post On Trip Advisor For Us”

Zarda Cottage Indian Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Yalding
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We visited Zarda on Sat 19th July as we wanted to try somewhere new. How pleased were we! So much so we decided to leave a review, which we've never done before! The venue was lovely & intimate, food was amazing with fabulous presentation and the staff & service was brilliant! Great value for money also! Can't wait to go back again & show off the fantastic find to our friends. Thanks Zarda from Paul & Cassie xx

Reviewed 10 July 2014

First time at the restaurant and drove a few miles to see what all the positive Tripadvisor reports were about. Struggled a little to park the car close as it was raining but managed ok. The restaurant was quiet on the Thursday evening and though we booked there didn't seem a need to check our booking. The restaurant decore was clean and pleasant and always good to hear indian background music. The service was very good and all pleasant. The food was presented really nicely and somewhat different to other local restaurants. Quality of the food was really good but not exceptional enough to make me want to drive past my local indian and a further 6 miles to get there especially with the car parking potential problem. We did also think the food was not very hot (temperature) and there were no hot plates to keep the food warm. One thing that does stand out was the dessert. This was the first time I can ever remember having a dessert in an Indian restaurant. We shared a Zarda pudding which was really very, very nice and to be recommended.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had seen the reviews on this restaurant so booked a table on a Saturday night.

It was full and I think we took the last table. But there was a large table of 12 which I think caused delays with the kitchen.

We don't mind waiting for food so munched on the poppadoms. The starters arrived and were very creative for an Indian restaurant. I had the prawn purée it was lovely.

I plumped for one the their specialities for main which I didn't like but my partner did. It was a shame as it was full of meat but I found the sauce a little too creamy and odd. His bhuna was very nice though.

All in all a pleasant evening but the wait for food was quite long but it wasn't just food that was thrown together.

The restaurant is in a listed building and didn't have a great restaurant feel more late scale dining room. But all this said we enjoyed our food and the staff were pleasant.

We will return to try other dishes.

1  Thank Saunders-long
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having Have had a take away from here and throughly enjoying it we came to the restaurant for my husbands birthday meal. We weren't disappointed. Starters were lovely especially the scallops. Mains were all delicious and presented very well not all in silver bowls like most Indians we have been too. Plenty of food. A really lovely setting. All the staff are very attentive and couldn't do enough for you. The bill was very reasonable and well worth it for the quality of food. We have been to many Indian restaurants and this is by far one of the best in my opinion. Would like to try the Sunday buffet. Very good experience. Well done Zarda!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our first visit with friends. We had a most enjoyable meal. Good advice from the staff on choice of dishes. All in all an excellent evening was had. We will return D&S 4/4/14