“Wonderful”

Walcot House
Walcot House
Ranked #1 of 1 Fawley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2013

From the minute we arrived to a warm, friendly welcome, our stay here was excellent. Lovely, comfortable family room with the nice touches of quality shower gel, shampoo and hand cream etc. The breakfast was amazing - plenty of choice and very tasty. In fact we didn't need lunch until much later that day! We are all very keen to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Walcot House

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was meeting my son, an officer on a cruise ship, and wanted somewhere close to the docks, without being in them, so I took the chance of finding somewhere on the net! Had it been the lottery, I won the jackpot! Not that much to look at from outside, but the warm welcome made up for that. My room, not huge, was so spotless, I could have been the first to use it, it was so warm and welcoming, with more than I needed for my stay. Following a good nights sleep, I went through to the, perfect, breakfast room, to be greeted, asked how I was, and what I wanted. Good selection on the sideboard, terrific selection on the menu, and when my, full English, arrived, it was well presented, really hot and fresh, and you could see the quality, even before you tasted it, and it was really good. The toast wasn't just brown, it was quality as well. Top marks all round, how do they do it for the price, and, could they show others how to do it, after all, it isn't rocket science, but it does show a level of commitment, and high standards! Superb all round, you won't be disappointed, the location is perfect, minutes from the beach, and a very short journey into Southampton and the docks, which is where I headed in the morning. Well worth double!

Room Tip: Ring first, reassurance is in the voice on the other end of the phone, taking the risk out of 'i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ken W
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The title really says it all. We've been looking for some time to find a really good B&B to become our permanent "home from home" on visits to our family in Hampshire (we live in West Scotland). In Walcot House, we've found it. Friendly hosts, clean, comfortable room with all the facilities you expect in a hotel. And then the breakfasts! We've stayed in hotels all over the world and the choice available at Walcot House would put many (most) of them to shame.

We've already booked our next stay, and we certainly look forward to a long association with this excellent destination!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I needed a room for the night a few weeks ago due to a business meeting in the area and found this place on google.
Steve and Marie were professional and welcoming hosts and very obliging. We needed a second room for a colleague at the last minute late at night and they were happy to sort this out with no fuss.
Rooms had everything you need and extremely well cleaned and presented and I was pleased to get an upgrade to a double at no extra cost.

Breakfast was one of the best i've ever had with every element prepared, presented and served with a great deal of care and finess. I was extremely impressed at the large range of tasty treats on the breakfast menu and all at no extra cost. Not just limited to a full english but a really wide range of choices. I loved that fact that they did not use this as an opportunity to upsell or surcharge for this or that - just all inclusive - good on you Steve and Marie.
The food quality was very high - not the usual cheap greasy cash and carry rubbish but carefully chosen nice produce and good quality tea and coffee. Really can't express how impressive the whole thing was - right down to being greeted good morning by name which was a nice touch.
Steve and Marie were very attentive and on hand to answer our questions efficiently without being intrusive to our breakfast and without over talking and rambling on. I liked that approach very much. I'm sure if you wanted to chat they would have been happy to chat away but it was not forced upon you. I liked that.
This place punches well above it's weight and wins. The hosts are clearly completely dedicated and focussed on delivering a quality professional experience - it's not just a way to make some extra cash but a business and profession they take very seriously.
I'm not surprised by the other very good reviews as you could not fail to be impressed here.
If you're looking for a country house with a large garden etc... then this is not the place for you but if you want to be looked after perfectly in a spotlessly clean room with a fantastic choice of perfectly cooked breakfast choices all at great value for money prices then this place will hit the bulls eye.
Well done Steve and Marie - you got everything right. Perhaps you should consider offering your services as a consultancy to other B & B venues as many of them could take a few leaves out of your book.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I had not stayed at Walcot House before, but booked a single room months ago. Emails in the booking process were answered promptly. Helpful and welcoming hosts and convenient parking. Pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a double. Spotlessly clean, shiny en suite shower room and very comfortable bed. TV and free wifi very useful.The breakfast was excellent and you are not limited to the full English. Excellent value for money, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Close to Beaulieu, Southampton, Buckler's Hard etc. I have already recommended Walcot House to friends and family. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We had a very warm welcome on arrival. Our room (family for 4) was clean, tidy and spacious. Teas, coffee & chocolate in rooms with biscuits :) Lovely cooked breakfast with a great selection to choose from as well as fruit and cereals.
Would definitely return :)

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 20 April 2013

had a brilliant 4 day stay at this place the owners were very helpfull and were very kind if working in this area again i will stay here again it was a short journey to work and when we got back in the morning the breakfast was brilliant and the rooms were excellently cleaned for me

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Davey S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawley
Montagu Arms Hotel
Fountain Court Hotel
The Maples
The Maples
#1 of 5 in Hythe

Been to Walcot House? Share your experiences!