“A little effort goes a long way”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Baldwin City Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baldwin City
Baldwin City Lodge
Laramie, Wyoming
“A little effort goes a long way”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was a nice lodge but not quite what we had expected. The online pictures made the rooms look nicer than they really are. However, it was clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and very kind. They were all warm and welcoming. One thing I would suggest is to put tissue boxes in the rooms. Really, that one small thing would be much appreciated. It does not seem too much to expect.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Topeka, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed in the baker suite and was very disapointed to find the carpet in disrepair when I arrived I overlooked that however it was also dirty (very hard to overlook) I set down to relax before going out to find the TV did not work, when I approched the staff they said unplug it and plug it back in, this worked however had to do it again about 2 hours later. The reason for my reserving the suite was because it had a Jacuzzi tub, I have bad knees and was looking forward to it however as I began to fill the tub I notice a sign on the wall informing me I have to get down on the floor on the other side of the wall and reach thru a door and plug the tub in. I expersed my concerns while checking out and was not offered a discount or even an apology. I will not go back.

Room Tip: inspect room before you commite
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank William R
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

We needed a handicap room as I had a leg amputation and The Lodge was very accommodating. Our room was very clean, quiet, roomy, and comfortable. We only had need for one night as we came to Baldwin City for the dinner train then headed back to Omaha the next day.
We highly recommend the Baldwin City Lodge to anyone.

Bill and Kim Oldenhuis

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill O
Topeka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The rooms are very well kept, and once you are in the door, you'd swear it was a nice hotel room. The motel has a nice lobby, bar, and meeting room. The staff is very friendly and extremely accommodating and we enjoyed the free mini golf!

Room Tip: Book by phone to get a room cheaper!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

I went BU in the late 80's. at that time, there was a pitiful motel across the "highway" from this motel. This is such an improvement! It is clean, comfortable, and very reasonable. I have stayed in the Baker Suite. It has a comfy bed, fireplace, full kitchen, and the bath has a jacuzzi tub and separate shower. I would suggest this motel to anyone staying in Baldwin.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Derek B
Baldwin City, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

This Christmas I had all the family at our home to celebrate, not having enough room in our home for all family to stay the night, I reserved 3 rooms for family members as a Christmas gift to them. Family members were very pleased, staff was friendly, the rooms are clean, and comments of a really nice lobby (the exquisite Bear). The value was great also. Very nice place to stay and well worth the frice. Thank you Baldwin City Lodge for your hospitality.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kris L
Norwich, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

This is a great and pretty much only choice in Baldwin City. Last year I had to drive back to Lawrence each night. I was in the whitetail room. It is in the new part of the motel and was very nice. My co worker was lucky enough to get one of the suites and he was very pleased with it. If you need a room here book very early. If there is a sporting event going on the lodge books very quickly and being it is only 20 rooms it doesnt take long. I wish there were more places like this around the country! Keep up the good work!

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Justin M

Been to Baldwin City Lodge? Share your experiences!