“pluses and minuses”
Review of Baldwin City Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baldwin City
Baldwin City Lodge
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Someone else made a reservation for me at this hotel and when I tried calling the hotel in order to reconfirm my arrival nobody would EVER answer the phone. I also wrote and email to them; no response.
I arrived in the late evening hours and the place was pretty hard to find even though is right on the main street of town. The signage is really poor.
The reception is really dark, full of huge stuffed animals, including a huge bear. The room was just fine, sort of like a Motel 6, not much better. There is a diner next door with some food.
I am not familiar with the hotel pricing because it was a business trip and my expenses were paid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Had a gray two weeks. My fourth straight year! I have stayed at the Lodge four years in a row for Whitetail hunting trips. Staff extremely friendly and rooms kept well. Taco and Margarita Wednesdays are great too. Look forward to them every year. Kansas can be pretty cold in November so be ready for cold and windy. Location 10 miles from Lawrence, 30 miles from KC is convenient as well.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Nothing fancy but a safe and clean safe place to stay at a fair price. We were in town to enjoy MapleLeaf and the location was easy walking distance to all the activities. The "Diner" next door is good for breakfast. Antonucci’s across the street had great pizza and atmosphere.

Room Tip: They do have a miniature golf attached that I think is included with a room stay. I never looked t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

HORRIBLE customer service. I would never recomend this place to anyone! Rooms were okay, but way over priced! They couldn't find my reservation and the lady said I was wasting her time. After they found my reservation I never received an apology of any kind. All around, bad experience!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Sebreej10
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was a nice lodge but not quite what we had expected. The online pictures made the rooms look nicer than they really are. However, it was clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and very kind. They were all warm and welcoming. One thing I would suggest is to put tissue boxes in the rooms. Really, that one small thing would be much appreciated. It does not seem too much to expect.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed in the baker suite and was very disapointed to find the carpet in disrepair when I arrived I overlooked that however it was also dirty (very hard to overlook) I set down to relax before going out to find the TV did not work, when I approched the staff they said unplug it and plug it back in, this worked however had to do it again about 2 hours later. The reason for my reserving the suite was because it had a Jacuzzi tub, I have bad knees and was looking forward to it however as I began to fill the tub I notice a sign on the wall informing me I have to get down on the floor on the other side of the wall and reach thru a door and plug the tub in. I expersed my concerns while checking out and was not offered a discount or even an apology. I will not go back.

Room Tip: inspect room before you commite
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank William R
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We needed a handicap room as I had a leg amputation and The Lodge was very accommodating. Our room was very clean, quiet, roomy, and comfortable. We only had need for one night as we came to Baldwin City for the dinner train then headed back to Omaha the next day.
We highly recommend the Baldwin City Lodge to anyone.

Bill and Kim Oldenhuis

#1 of 17 in Lawrence
Best Western Lawrence
Best Western Lawrence
#9 of 17 in Lawrence

Been to Baldwin City Lodge? Share your experiences!