“Fabulous Gourmet Night ”
Review of The Dove Inn

The Dove Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Dargate
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Dove is a small country pub with a big reputation for outstanding food and service.Whether you want superb food, fine wine, local ales,The Dove welcomes you
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Went for a Gourmet Night with very close friends on Friday 26th February. Five courses, all with different wines and port. Every course was fabulous, the scallops cooked to perfection and the fillet of beef was cooked as you liked it, melted in the mouth.

Would recommend you make a visit asap to see Dee and her lovely staff, and experience the beautifully prepared food.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

A great place for a relaxing and unpretentious meal. You feel welcome and taken care of. The owner provides an attentive service that feels genuine and natural. The food is cooked to a very high standard, amazing steak and grilled sea bass. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Very disappointing The Dove is trying to be something it is not - a gastropub. Food below par burnt tasteless fishcakes, terrine was very hard. Lack of decent jus or sauce with mains.Best off sticking to simple stuff. Overpriced for what it was.

Reviewed 23 January 2016

went this evening for a 30th birthday meal for 8 and had previously called to book. When we arrived it was clear they had forgotten but seated us. The food took a long time to come out and by the time we had got our dinner people had started arriving for a party in the pub which soon took over the whole establishment. It is very clear they double booked and had hired the whole pub out.mwe were squashed and uncomfortable on our table surrounded by people. As someone with severe breathing difficulties being so squashed in that I couldn't breath is totally unacceptable and then being told we needed to leave for this party and having to wait outside in the cold for our transport when it was their mistake not ours is totally unsatisfactory. I have worked in hospitality for 10 years and would never accept this and would feel mortified if this were my mistake.
The food was lovely but for me everything else ruined it and I will not be returning or recommending this service to others. Customer satisfaction is always number one.

Dove I, Manager at The Dove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Hi I'm sorry about your experience at The Dove, there was indeed a mix up with the date of your booking. When you booked you made the booking for the last Saturday in the month and we were expecting you the following week, if the mix up was our fault I sincerely apologise.

I am pleased you enjoyed your food and I hope you visit us again soon.

Kind regards

The Dove

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

We were here for midweek dinner and as ever the food was delicious. Dee is so welcoming as are all the staff, it is like coming home every time we go which is becoming more and more . The quality of the produce is first class always always a treat and never disappoints .

1  Thank Alison R