“Beautiful setting - just us, sun and birdsong!!”
Review of The Dove Inn

The Dove Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Dargate
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Dove is a small country pub with a big reputation for outstanding food and service.Whether you want superb food, fine wine, local ales,The Dove welcomes you
Reviewed 26 May 2016

My sandwich for lunch and accompanying chips and salad was the best I have eaten! It wasn't just a sandwich - it was laden with pork and apple sauce and was just divine. Dinner on another occasion was also delicious. Lovely garden to sit in and the pub setting is perfect!

Reviewed 25 May 2016

The Dove is a quintessential English village pub, sadly my lunch was probably the worst pub lunch I've ever had. I ordered a beef sandwich with onions, salad and chips. The meat was grey and unappetizing, and so tough I couldn't eat it, the onions were horribly greasy, and the chips were also fatty - I think the oil was long overdue for changing.
I won't be returning - even though the pub is very picturesque

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Arrived for Sunday lunch requested a bottle of Sauvignon they only had cold wine served by the glass in the fridge, I was served a bottle which was not cold and given a glass of ice no bucket or apology. The Sunday roast was expensive for what we were given the roast potatoes had obviously been kept warm for hours the food was lovely & hot so I think it was probably plated then microwaved. Admittedly we booked in at three pm but if you serve food all day the time should not matter.
If it's going to charge £20.00 for 2 or £25 for 3 course Sunday lunch it needs to raise its game.

Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

Regularly go for Thursday night special of pie and a pint for £10 and well worth it. Delicious pie, meat beautifully tender, hand cut chips so hard to find these days no oven chips here, wld go just for the chips alone, finally colourful fresh veg. The quality of this meal is excellent , a deal you can't ignore.x

Reviewed 13 April 2016

The welcome at the Dove was good, but the sandwiches were very expensive at £8 per portion. They came with chips (smelling slightly rancid, we didn't eat them) and a very small salad garnish. However the beer is well kept and the coffee was good.

1  Thank The-Kent-Bees