“NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN!!!!!”
Review of Country Haven Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Country Haven Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I made a reservation to stay there about a few weeks ago, the Manager Carol. Was VERY rude and disrespectful. Sure the rooms were clean enough, but the rates were awful. They not only offer you no discount even worth having, but anytime I went downstairs to the front desk to ask Carol for anything, she appeared annoyed and made me feel as though I was a bother rather than a welcome guest. Then when I attempted to make a future reservation, (I was told Wolf Creek Lodge had bed bugs by Carol and was afraid to see if she was correct), She bluntly told me that for the date in which I wanted (a one night stay again) She had absolutely no single rooms available and that I would HAVE to have a double. And yet, when I called later to see about any single cancellations, the wonderful girl at the front desk informed me that there were PLENTY of singles open, and that she would be more than happy to reserve me one! I will not, ever again stay in this hotel, The Manager obviously is more interested in cheating people out of every quick buck she can get rather than the happiness of their clients. I will say this, I will be back in Burlington in June for a Wedding, and I now know FOR A FACT that Wolf Creek Lodge is one of the NICEST, NEATEST, and CLEANEST places I've had the pleasure of staying at, they really make you feel as though your at home but better. Not to mention BUG FREE! I will be staying at the Wolf Creek Lodge, where the person behind the front desk is nicer, the rooms are 20-30 dollars CHEAPER, and where I will be treated as a guest, not a bother. Whomever the owner is of the Country Haven Inn is making a big mistake having that horrid woman as the manager, as I've read from here I am not the only person whom shes been rude to, and if they are smart, they'd get rid of her. I mean, Who wants to stay somewhere they don't feel welcome?

Room Tip: No swimming pool, No continental breakfast, Outrageous Rates
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank FrequentFlyer60747
carol k, Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

I am sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I am not sure who you are,
but i always greet customers with a smile. I always try to accomodate guests with what ever needs they may have, it is never a bother, its my pleasure.
We do offer discounts to our guests, as they apply to that specific reservation.
I have never made a comment to a guest about another company. if asked about the other local hotels in are area, i respond that i personally have never been in them so i can't say.
I do hope you will call us again and give me a chance to make your stay an enjoyable one.
again, i am sorry that your stay was not enjoyable. I would like a chance to make you happy.

Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stayed here one other time about a year ago. At that time the price was $70/night which included my government discount. I booked here again for a Saturday night and the day after I made the reservation the manager called me back and quoted me $90/night for four adults. I found this odd especially after I had already been quoted a different price the day before. When I called her to verify her message I asked about a military discount and she stated they do not offer military discounts.....seems a bit Un-American to me. I then cancelled my reservation and explained that I would be staying around the corner at the Wolf Creek Lodge for $30 cheaper per night. She then told me they had bugs thats why it was cheaper. I ended up staying at the Wolf Creek Logde and it was nice. The rooms were big and it was very clean. The country haven inn wasn't any nicer and for the money I would gladly stay at the Wolf Creek Logde anyday over the Country Haven Inn. I'm sorry to say to the manager of the Country Haven Inn, its not a 5 star hotel your running so get realistic with your prices quit lying about your only other competition in town.....Tacky!

Room Tip: Stay at the Wolf Creek Logde instead!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Anna H
carol k, Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

you had booked the apt which is more than a regular room, with 2 extra adults.
that is why it was more.

Reviewed 15 August 2010

Clean, quiet (of course, there were only three rooms occupied on a Saturday night) and friendly, cheerful desk staff. Bed was reasonably confortable, linens were not bad, but they go "cheap" on some basics: no in-room coffee (a MAJOR sin) and you have to wait for the desk person to arrive at 6 AM to make coffee (the desk is closed 10PM to 6AM), no HBO, etc. but that's no huge deal, no laundry bags for dirty clothes, they haven't figured out to install curved shower curtain bars so the cold, clammy curtain doesn't cling to you and not even a cheap continental breakfast (at least on Sunday). No pool or hot tub but you get free admission to the local rec center (which is very nice) during the hours it's open (for instance, 1-5 on Sunday.)

Overall not a bad place at all but a few relatively inexpensive upgrades would be nice. The price is reasonable but not THAT cheap.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerfromWichita

Thank you for your comments, They are greatly appreciated.
We have installed curved shower rods and we have placed in-room coffee pots for your conveinence.

Reviewed 12 April 2010

Stayed one night. Room was very clean and nice. Wifi automatic and strong signal. Front desk staff very nice. Only problem was that I couldn't figure out how to turn the shower on! I finally called the front desk to ask and the young lady was very apologetic, but told me that she didn't know how, but knew others had had trouble with them as well! I went back and tried some more, but was never able to figure it out, so had to go without a shower :-(

I'd definitely stay here again, but would ask someone to show me how to operate the shower! It's probably one of those "Doh!" things and once you know it's obvious, but apparently I need to be shown.

Oh, also there is no breakfast of any sort here. They do have arrangements with a fitness center about four blocks away for their guests to use. It has a pool, gym, etc.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank bobnsally

I am sorry you had a problem with the shower, we have a sign on the wall of the shower in the corner that shows how to turn them on

Reviewed 22 September 2009

This hotel has overpriced rooms and rude managment. Charging 70 dollars a night when you can stay at the candlewood for 69 a night and its much, much nicer here and smells good! Only 30 miles away, well worth the drive! Country Haven Inn hotel dont even have plastic forks to offer you if you forgot to bring one, no adminitys at all and for that price I expect at least a little something? Atleast a smile?

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Travellerallover
Reviewed 20 May 2008

Newer building, nice rooms, plenty of parking, very clean, everything worked, quiet location, no problems. Definitely underpriced at $63 a night, and the desk clerk was very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Fa16
Reviewed 29 June 2007

Almost new, well-kept, modern motel. Interior halls, lots of concrete parking. There is a BBQ and Blues place right next door, but no sidewalk to get over there ... walk in the street, it's worth it.
Best in town, but not much competition. If you're going to stay in Burlington, you want to try to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank NotDave

thank you for your comments. I am glad you had a great stay.
For your convenience we now have microwaves, in-room coffee pots.
we hope to be able to assist you again with a stay in burlington.
Thank you.

Been to Country Haven Inn? Share your experiences!