“Nice basic lodging”
Review of Country Haven Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Country Haven Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burlington
Denver, Colorado
“Nice basic lodging”
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed for two nights recently. The room was clean. The television was nice, but not many channels. Sink drain was slow, but the shower was great. Coffee only in the morning. A grocery store is across the street. The bed was kind of a squeeky rock, but I was tired.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank radpaladin
carol k, Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this review, 22 February 2016
We have coffee on all day long, and we have gotten 18 new mattresses last year.
I do hope you will give us another try.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Burlington, Kansas
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband works for Nuc. Outages. We are staying here looking for long-term stay. Although the hotel is wonderful we may have to leave due to no cooking in the rooms besides the microwave. With us needing at least a month to two month stay while my husband works it is needed for us to be able to cook dinners in our room. I do have to say that Carol the manager has done everything she could to make me comfortable. She has called someone she knows so I can get our laundry done specifically for outage workers. Very reasonable prices on the laundry. She has called me to see if I wanted her to bring me and my daughter breakfast. This is so very nice of her and going out of her way to please us. She has made sure I had clean linen, towels, and a clean room. When we first arrived the first thing I noticed was how clean everything was (a big deal for me), and there are no bugs (which I have had issues with in the past from other hotels in other states). I understand some customers said she is rude and disrespectful but I have received nothing but kindness from her, and her staff. They do offer pool access. It is down the street at a rec center which is free if you bring your room key. She has called me each time before coming to my door letting me know that housekeeping will be by to clean my bathroom, empty my trash, mop, restock my towels, and whatever else I need. Calling beforehand is very respectful and showing me she does not want to invade my privacy. I will be asking Carol if I can get a hold of the owner somehow to let him know how sweet her and her staff has been to us and compliment on how clean this hotel is. I understand it is $69 a night and such but there are a lot of hotels that charge even more for one night stays. I think this is very reasonable. One has to consider the bills, employees pay, maintenance on the building, and mortgage. I would definitely stay here again if it was a shorter stay or even long term if there were options to cook in the rooms. With fire hazards, messes, and not equipped with the stuff for a mini kitchen I understand completely not being able to cook in the rooms. The rooms are non smoking, which is so wonderful. I am a smoker but I don't like my toddler being exposed to smoke and it does a lot of damage inside. Ever been to an airport that had a smoking room? Yellow walls, stinks so bad that it makes you not to want to even smoke. Thank you Carol and anyone involved in providing us a nice clean, friendly environment to stay while we are in a state we have never been to before, and thank you so much for catering to us and going above and beyond trying to please us. I don't ever expect one to try to go above and beyond and it is greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: I have only been in room 107 it is a very nice clean room and I'm sure the rest are too.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Angel W
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Have been traveling for a long time , and my experience was not pleasant . The manager in this motel / hotel needs training in how to deal with customers . The other clerks were excellent , and besides the place being overpriced it wasn't that bad . The big problem was the manager , she likes to get in confrontations with customers instead of just fixing the issue. When you work long hours the last thing you need is stress. Having to deal with a person who is very negative , never greets you positive . She doesn't realize where the money comes from , but really she doesn't care and you are a burden to her. Sorry for the poor owner who is stuck with her , any other clerk there can do a better job than her . So glad to get out of there , if you go there good luck.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Herewego362
Saint Michael, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 2 nights to attend a nephew's wedding. The hotel was very clean, the room was HUGE, the bathtub and shower worked very well, there was a coffee maker, a microwave, a fridge, wifi, the staff was very helpful, the bed was comfortable, the air conditioner worked very good. I did not have any of the issues that have been described in other posts. I would definitely stay here again, as would the rest of the guests that came from Minnesota for the wedding.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you got bad legs, get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Frank T
carol k, Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that your stay was a happy one.
If there is anything we can do for you and your family with future reservations
please let us know. Again Thank You,We look forward to seeing you again.
Burlington, Kanas
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Don't recommend this hotel to anyone. The manager Carol is very rude, disrespectful, and treats the guest as if they are a pain to her. She lies about things, runs down other guests, lies about the other motel in town which is the Wolf Creek Lodge. She is unwilling to work with her guests and the owners can't seem to understand that they would have more business if they would get rid of Carol as the manager. She treats her staff just like she treats the guest. She tells lies and talks about other guest that are staying at the hotel to guests as they are checking out. Very unprofessional manager, wake up owners before it is too late to save your business. Stay at the Wolf Creek Lodge you will be treated much better. You will be treated like a guest!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FormerBtownresident
carol k, General Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
I am sorry that you feel this way. We went above and beyond for your guests.
We put refreshments and water in your guests rooms,and even served them
a breakfast.
I am never rude to my staff or to the guests. I have a great staff, and they do
an excellent job. I do not talk bad about the other hotel in town, since i have
never stayed there or visited them.
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I made a reservation to stay there about a few weeks ago, the Manager Carol. Was VERY rude and disrespectful. Sure the rooms were clean enough, but the rates were awful. They not only offer you no discount even worth having, but anytime I went downstairs to the front desk to ask Carol for anything, she appeared annoyed and made me feel as though I was a bother rather than a welcome guest. Then when I attempted to make a future reservation, (I was told Wolf Creek Lodge had bed bugs by Carol and was afraid to see if she was correct), She bluntly told me that for the date in which I wanted (a one night stay again) She had absolutely no single rooms available and that I would HAVE to have a double. And yet, when I called later to see about any single cancellations, the wonderful girl at the front desk informed me that there were PLENTY of singles open, and that she would be more than happy to reserve me one! I will not, ever again stay in this hotel, The Manager obviously is more interested in cheating people out of every quick buck she can get rather than the happiness of their clients. I will say this, I will be back in Burlington in June for a Wedding, and I now know FOR A FACT that Wolf Creek Lodge is one of the NICEST, NEATEST, and CLEANEST places I've had the pleasure of staying at, they really make you feel as though your at home but better. Not to mention BUG FREE! I will be staying at the Wolf Creek Lodge, where the person behind the front desk is nicer, the rooms are 20-30 dollars CHEAPER, and where I will be treated as a guest, not a bother. Whomever the owner is of the Country Haven Inn is making a big mistake having that horrid woman as the manager, as I've read from here I am not the only person whom shes been rude to, and if they are smart, they'd get rid of her. I mean, Who wants to stay somewhere they don't feel welcome?

Room Tip: No swimming pool, No continental breakfast, Outrageous Rates
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank FrequentFlyer60747
carol k, Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
I am sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I am not sure who you are,
but i always greet customers with a smile. I always try to accomodate guests with what ever needs they may have, it is never a bother, its my pleasure.
We do offer discounts to our guests, as they apply to that specific reservation.
I have never made a comment to a guest about another company. if asked about the other local hotels in are area, i respond that i personally have never been in them so i can't say.
I do hope you will call us again and give me a chance to make your stay an enjoyable one.
again, i am sorry that your stay was not enjoyable. I would like a chance to make you happy.
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stayed here one other time about a year ago. At that time the price was $70/night which included my government discount. I booked here again for a Saturday night and the day after I made the reservation the manager called me back and quoted me $90/night for four adults. I found this odd especially after I had already been quoted a different price the day before. When I called her to verify her message I asked about a military discount and she stated they do not offer military discounts.....seems a bit Un-American to me. I then cancelled my reservation and explained that I would be staying around the corner at the Wolf Creek Lodge for $30 cheaper per night. She then told me they had bugs thats why it was cheaper. I ended up staying at the Wolf Creek Logde and it was nice. The rooms were big and it was very clean. The country haven inn wasn't any nicer and for the money I would gladly stay at the Wolf Creek Logde anyday over the Country Haven Inn. I'm sorry to say to the manager of the Country Haven Inn, its not a 5 star hotel your running so get realistic with your prices quit lying about your only other competition in town.....Tacky!

Room Tip: Stay at the Wolf Creek Logde instead!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Anna H
you had booked the apt which is more than a regular room, with 2 extra adults.
that is why it was more.

Been to Country Haven Inn? Share your experiences!