“Great experience”

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A friendly and welcoming pub with a focus on good old fashioned hospitality. With a good selection of traditional home cooked pub food and a Seasonal menu, all freshly made to order. We open all day from 12pm and serve food up to 9pm ( 4.00pm Sunday ) WE welcome families and have a large gated garden area at the rear of the pub, along with ample parking.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have recently moved to the area and visited this pub based on a recommendation. I found the food to be tasty and well priced. Will definitely visit again.

AJ2155, Owner at The Bull at Riseley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your positive review. Glad to hear you enjoyed it
Kind regards Amanda

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Amazing Food, amzing people, but sadly they leave in November, it is a dark time for Humanity, thos burgers though, oooh nelly.

1  Thank Max D
AJ2155, Owner at The Bull at Riseley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, we will certainly miss all our loyal customers
Kindness regards Amanda

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We walked to the restaurant as we live locally, just fancied a traditional Sunday lunch. It was very disappointing with hard vegetables, very little meat and water for gravy!! Won't be risking it again!

AJ2155, Owner at The Bull at Riseley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Firstly we appreciate all honest feedback.
However I do not understand why it would take you 11 MONTHS to post a review. I would have thought as a seasoned traveller (as suggested by your travel profile on TA ) it would have been important to you to write a review a lot sooner to let others know that you were not happy , that is if you ever visited us in the first place.
I Will let other users of TA decide to believe your review or the many positive reviews from our many happy customers
Regards Amanda

Reviewed 17 July 2013

In my last review of this pub I mentioned that a customer on another table had a huge burger so when my wife suggested that we go to the Bull for Friday lunch I knew exactly what I was having. The burger (cooked to order was massive with two burgers (are these 6 or 8 oz burgers as each is juicy and succulent plus about an inch thick) cheese, bacon, salad, onion rings and home made chunky chips mmmmmmm !!!!. Ana had the tuna mayo & cucumber baguette with fries which she proclaimed as being terrific. Drinks were the Samuel Adams beer on draught (not previously tried so an offer made to try a small sample before it was poured - great customer service). The weather was scorching and everyone seemed to descend on the pub which put pressure on the staff and kitchen but you would not have known as the service was impeccable. Now for the bad news:- We visited a month before and the food and service were also first class and I have been telling everyone I met how good it was. Imagine finding out that food is finishing and that there will be new landlords in November. I was gutted to find such a brilliant pub only to lose the people that make it special..

AJ2155, Owner at The Bull at Riseley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a second review. It was a pleasure to see you and Ana again.
Thank you also for saying that we make the pub special. It was a hard decision to move on but we believe the right one in the end.
We wish you both well and maybe our paths will cross another day
The kindness regards Amanda

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Pub didn't look very promising when we first arrived. Staff were really friendly, loos nice and clean and the food really was excellent. Their chips are better Heston's triple cooked in my opinion. Portions were massive.

1  Thank Jo G
AJ2155, Manager at The Bull at Riseley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

I was really pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It is so nice to receive such positive feed back. Glad you felt the chips were so good.
The kindness regards Amanda