“They had me Laughing out Loud”

Greenisland Library
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
343 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,203 helpful votes
“They had me Laughing out Loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Very friendly staff. I was a good test; I had never been there before. They engaged me in conversation and even had me laughing out loud.

I was only visiting while waiting for someone; still I found a pile of books I was interested in and the time flew. They have some nice, comfy chairs, plus tables. The place seems large and airy, so even when there's a crowd of kids in you can find places to work or read in peace.

There's a great green space at the front, outside, with big, handsome trees. On my two different visits there was a mixed flock of gulls, rooks and oystercatchers on the grass. Lots of car parking spaces plus a whole ring of a road you can also park on. Disabled access is very good.

They provide books, books on CD, large print books, free newspapers and magazines, class visits (one was going on while I was there 1 time, very good to see), community information, exhibitions, free Internet access on 8 computers, storytimes, talks, fax service, scanner,
photocopier, printer, and a public toilet.

Opening Hours:
Friday 10:00am - 13:00, 14:00 - 17:00
Saturday 10:00am - 13:00, 14:00 - 17:00

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Steveodo

Been to Greenisland Library? Share your experiences!