“I am looking forward to be back again!”

Villa L'Orange Bali
Ranked #2 of 2 Medahan B&B and Inns
“I am looking forward to be back again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

This was our second time in Villa L'Orange. We loved it so much the first time that we wanted it to be part of our time in Bali again. Of the 3 weeks in Bali, we were a full week in the Villa, and we miss it already (while still being in Bali). Even though our first visit was 5 years ago, the staff remembered our names and which trips we did in Bali last time.
The facilities are luxurious but homely and relaxing. We had the pool just in front of our villa, an open air bathroom in the secluded back of our villa (and another, covered bathroom), the beach just 5 steps away, and really anything we wanted from the friendly staff. Notably, the personal driver (Madé) pretty much knows every corner of Bali and proofed to be utmost flexible (also for trips over night).
Even now that our holiday is almost over, we are looking forward to come back to Bali, and to stay in Villa L'Orange again. Although I want this to be an exclusive and secret tip, I definitely recommend to stay there!

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank pkalbers

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Suzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I am writing this while sitting on the front porch of our Villa facing the pool. We arrived five days ago and enjoyed every single day. I came together with my big family (11 adults and one baby) and we basically occupied all available villas. Being such a small place it really feels like home with great and friendly staff. We arrived at night and it looked great already. In daylight it felt just like being in paradise with the birds tweeting and chirping and the strange clicking sound of several geckos.
The pool is warm and nice but the beach is just outside a small gate. You will find very fine black sand which is very soft to the feet.
Breakfast was nice but a little bit slow the first day as they tried to prepare individual orders. The other days we ordered in advance and it was prepared buffet-style. Dinner was delicious too. One night they organized barbecued suckling pig for us (on special request). That was just fabulous.
The location is for those who want it quiet. It's off the tourist areas very close to Bali Safari. You will rely on their driver who is doing a great job not just as a driver but also as a guide.
I can definitely recommend this place if you just like to relax and do nothing.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank basinger_de
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Right, when I booked this place (great deal!!) I was a bit worried over the lack of what looked like Authentic reviews. Most people on Tripadvisor have just 1, maybe 2 reviews, and they are all very good.

So naturally, was a tad bit suspicious. It was my honeymoon trip you see so did not want to be duped.

But I am happy to report this place is excellent. The villas are in pristine conditions, they are huge!! All rooms have air conditioning, and I just loved the balconies, from which at night you can hear the oceans break wave.

The staff, the food, the fact that we were the only ones there in the resort at that time was just brilliant. Special mention for the driver, who has a great knowledge of the place.

Happy to advise people who are planning to go to this place. it is worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The_road_house
Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I spent the first leg of our Bali trip in Villa L'Orange. The overall experience was amazing. There are a total of 4 villas and since we travelled at a low season, we were the only guests. We stayed at the superior one bedroom villa. There were two other villas occupied by the owner's relatives. Throughout the stay we pretty much had the dining area and swimming pool to ourselves. From the moment we were greeted at the airport to the moment we checked out, we were treated as "friends". The staff were friendly and had a smile on them all the time. We were stuffed with food every morning as the chef always prepared more than what we had asked for (thank God my husband can eat!). We hired the villa driver for all the excursions and he was very informative. Since we wanted to try what locals eat, he also took us to a restaurant with fresh fish and we were the only foreigners! What an experience eating with your hand as well!

Some of the things I noticed that's worth mentioning,
1. Villa L'Orange is located at a fish village that is away from the tourist areas (Ubud being the closest is still another 20 mins drive). If you prefer to stay at the tourist areas, this villa is not for you. Since we wanted to stay away, this is a perfect location.
2. First night I was woken up by this strange insect sound (in my opinion quite loud) that I've never heard of. It started around 5 am and each time lasted for about 30 seconds. After asking the staff the next morning, they told me it was probably a gecko. Apparently gecko can get quite big in Bali.
3. The bathroom is not air conditioned. It can get quite hot and humid in an enclosed space. My recommendation would be leaving the bathroom door opened when it's not in use. The cold air from the bedroom balances the hot air in the bathroom- problem solved!

We really enjoyed our stay at Villa L'Orange and would definitely recommend it to our friends should they choose to visit Bali!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yajc2
Karratha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

Villa L'Orange just gets better. We have been several times now, this time we travelled with my brother and his lovely wife - they have not been to Bali before. Seeing Bali with fresh eyes was so nice but we did have the perfect setting to enjoy it. The staff at the Villas made us so welcome and nothing was too much trouble, in fact they seemed to delight in the challenge of the little extras we asked. If in a small group I would suggest the Beach BBQ which is on offer from Chef Made. The vista is beautiful and the staff set the scene with all the trimmings. Lighting, music, tableware etc. Silver service +++
Made Driver is a master of touring and we cannot thank him enough. Even though we may go to the same places ie: Ubud, he always takes a slightly different route so we could soak up the different rural and town life as it happens. He is also very enjoyable company as well as very informative on Bali culture. These two staff members stand out because we used their services every day but all of the staff are exemplary hosts in their own quiet way. I personally loved the discreet, little lady that does the offerings to the Gods every morning at sunrise in her traditional wear. She does not speak English (nor I Balinese) but one morning when I was alone she gave me a sweet Balinese fruit with such a beautiful smile I will never forget. Who needs language?
My husband had almost lost the desire for Bali many moons ago when we stayed in Kuta, Tuban, Tanjung areas but since discovering Villa L'Orange he now knows there is more to Bali and he loves to come for the same relax reasons as I do. Firstly the beautiful villas and their envrionment and a very close second is the staff. Thanks Tiong, you have it so right.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DianneKarratha
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

Spending my vacation in Villa L'Orange Bali was paradise experience. This would be mine most memorable vacation in my life. Me and my husband had been to this villa for 11 Days and we had a great time here. Everything is excellent here in villa. Staff people are so humble you never feel that you are with strangers. We were staying in Superior villa which was fantastically designed and very spacious and decorated with very beautiful show pieces. Very neat and clean, staff make sure that they clean everyday.

Bali itself is a very good and greenery place and staying in Villa L'orange was awesome and outstanding experience. The owner Teong, such lovely and lively person. Had a great time during New year.

Staff are the excellent people who add more value to the villa. Anytime you call them they are there by a min and make sure that we get what we need. They can arrange whatever we want no matter where it is, it might be in beach or pool or tree house anywhere any service is done without any hesitation or ignorance.

Totally me and husband had a great time with lovely and humble people and fun all the time.
I would like to thank Teong, Eko, Made awa, Irfan, chef and two ladies and other staff from bottom of my heart for making our vacation most memorable.

I recommend everyone to go and experience this place.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

My boyfriend and I found Villa Orange after hours of research on Trip Advisor, it is an amazing find.

This was our first time to Bali. Arriving after dark, we were greeted at the airport to be fast tracked through customs, skipping the queues a welcome surprise included in our rates and then welcomed to the villa by Tiong, the owner, the staff and Bella and Orange, the two beautiful resident dogs.

Staying in the Superior Villa, we woke to a stunning view of the beach, a huge pool and Dutch inspired open living room, kitchen and bathroom all beautifully designed by the Owner Tiong...who we decided missed his calling as an interior designer! It is hard to believe that the villas are more than a year old.

We had the villa to ourselves, as the other guests were surfing a little way down the coast and were looked after by everyone there, even the 2 dogs that joined us on a walk along the beach, wonderful. The staff were never invasive and after 4 days, we felt as if we had become part of the Villa Orange family.

We would thoroughly recommend going out with Made, the villa’s driver who will give you a personal tour of the island and any places you wish to see. Having lived in the area since childhood, he is naturally an amazing guide and happy to answer all questions, we went out to Ubud of a morning and ended up going to a temple, Ubud palace, a coffee plantation, art gallery and the volcano! His local knowledge came to the fore when we wanted to swim in the sea. This is not recommended along the East coast due to the strong rip currents, but Made took us to an off the beaten track lagoon, the Blue Lagoon (you must go), that is safe and you can snorkel. It was like being in a tropical aquarium just 5m out, wonderful.

Villa Orange is in a great location to explore the island and we were genuinely upset to leave Tiong and all his staff, having made us so welcome. We had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamesandSarah_2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medahan
Rumah Luwih Beach Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,154 reviews
Komune Resort, Keramas Beach Bali
Wyndham Tamansari Jivva Resort
The Royal Purnama Art Suites & Villas

Been to Villa L'Orange Bali? Share your experiences!