“Welcome to Southeast Kansas”

Tavern on the plaza
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Coffeyville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Coffeyville, Kansas
“Welcome to Southeast Kansas”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Tavern is a bright spot in the usually dull palate of Kansas. I rarely have had a bad meal there and am usually well treated. I am a regular. I enjoy eating there. The menu is varied and flavorful. The beef is always first rate.
The seafood is brought-in almost daily.
They seem happy to see me each time I arrive and serve me well even when near closing time.
According to my wife, the liquor selection is complete,.
The Music selection may be limited but it is fun for an old fart like me.
This is my town and I enjoy the Tavern more than anywhere else.

• Visited March 2014

San Diego, California
“Great food, OK service”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I grew up around the SEK area and have visited Tavern on the Plaza multiple times. Every time I have been there the food was excellent. The service, however, wasn't the best, but you also have to consider the area. Coffeyville is a pretty rough town.

Richmond, Virginia
“Great Food , great service ”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

My family and I stopped on the way to KC and this was a great jewel. Our waitress, Laura was friendly and attentive. This place is also kid friendly, as our one year was accommodated. Food was good and hot. The sautéed mushrooms were the best. I had the meatloaf, my wife the grilled chicken and our oldest son, 17, had the country fried steak.

“Excellent food, services and kid-friendly”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped here based on reviews in trip advisor and it was not a wasted stop. Our server was Laura and she was excellent and accommodated our toddler's need for milk in a sippy cup. She kept our drinks refilled and was extremely friendly. My Husband had the meatloaf, I had the chicken, and our oldest son had the chicken fried steak - all were great. We especially loved the grilled mushrooms. This is a place we will eat at again if we are in the area.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Very Good Food and Service”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

If you go through Coffeyville, KS, stop for a meal that the Tavern on the Plaza.

Chrystal was our server, she was excellent. We were debating a few items, her recommendation was spot on. The food was served hot, it was cooked correctly, and tasted very good.

When you stop here ask for Chrystal, she will insure you food is correct and drinks filled.

Good one Chrystal