“Great everything”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Great room, great service, great atmosphere, and great value. What more could you ask for? Some of the most friendly staff members I've ever met. You have to stay here!

• Stayed: September 2011
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Okay, so really, how does someone give a 5 star review to a Sleep Inn? Because, while I love my nice, high end hotels they DO NOT EXIST in Colby! My husband is from here so we stay in hotels anytime we come out for a wedding or funeral and really the choices are pretty bad. For quite a few years we always stayed at the Comfort Inn but the last time we did it was getting pretty seedy. So take this in relation to what the options are, in a major city this would be a solid, clean 3 star. In Colby it is 5!

We called as we hit the road in KC and asked what the best rate was they could give us for that night (internet rate was $90) and they said $71.99. How long have you been open? 18 months. I'm sold! We arrived at 11:30 p.m. and the ladies checking us in couldn't have been nicer. I will say they charge your $1.50 to use the safe which I thought was lame, not that I was planning on using the safe, but when I commented they said "most hotels do that." So not true and I know this because I spent over 80 nights in hotels last year!

Regardless the place was spotless, the beds were very comfy (although the sheets were a little stiff) the complimentary toiletries were nice and they even gave you CONDITIONER! (pet peeve of mine when hotels cheap out and try to pass off a shampoo/conditioner combo!) My only complaint about the rooms was that the water pressure was pretty non-existent but I'm willing to over look that.

The free breakfast was great with eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, etc. Very hearty!

The great measure of customer satisfaction -- the next time we go to Colby we WILL stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurel113
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I highly recommend this hotel if you are driving cross country and need a comfortable stay for the night. We got in very late, yet the desk staff was still helpful and friendly. Rooms are very clean and surprisingly well-furnished with a flat screen TV, granite countertops in the bathroom, free wireless, and relatively comfortable beds. There's a small, well-stocked fitness room and pool and a hot breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, etc.). All rooms are non-smoking. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try priceline.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed here driving home from Missouri, and it's a nice, clean place right off I-70. Breakfast buffet is nice with DIY waffles. We had a lot of noise from the room next door, but otherwise a nice break from the drive.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We got stuck on a road trip in Colby, Kansas on New Years Eve due to extreme winds and closed roads. We tried the Sleep Inn because it looked new. It had a room available late afternoon, staff was friendly, nice modern lobby, and a good price (89.99 plus tax). Rooms seemed big and modern. Nice tv, lots of channels with two HBO. Comfy beds. Great nights sleep never heard a sound. Breakfast was a plus with make your own waffles, bagels, biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage, cereal, etc. Nice breakfast area, clean with a tv on. Friendly staff there. Recommended

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Room was nice. Bed was comfortable. Had in-room safe, a refrigerator, and microwave. Somewhat unique design in the bathroom. Has a shower only (no tub) that you walk into (like walking into a curved closet). No shower curtain, since the shower seems to have an "entry" area first. This shower was okay for a short stay - wouldn't want to have this long term. I had trouble regulating the heat. Seemed either too hot or too cold, but that could have been because I kept the fan running to drown out hallway noise from other guests. Overall, this is a good hotel for a good price. Clean and nice.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We've stayed at SI in Colby several times now .. consistently clean and comfortable .. very pet friendly .. glad we found it

Room Tip: Pet rooms near west end door .. handy .. but if I didn't have a pet I'd ask for another area...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MountainPCP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colby
Hampton Inn Colby
Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley
Kansas Country Inn
Kansas Country Inn
#2 of 6 in Oakley

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!