“Great sleep!”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We are always checking new hotels on the I70 corridor. The Sleep Inn & Suites in Colby KS was clean, friendly, comfortable and quiet. Highly recommend it! The breakfast on the way out was also tasty. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank swimpinkhank
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 16 July 2013

On our way home from Colorado, my family decided it was time to stop for the night, at 1:30 a.m. After calling a few hotels, we were given a decent rate for a double queen suite (there are 5 of us), and decided to stay. Check in was quick and easy. The clerk, Misty, was very sweet and helpful. The room was rather small, and a bit cramped when the pull-out sofa bed is open, but overall, very clean. The room had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. They even leave two bottles of water, a bag of microwave popcorn and small bag of peanuts. The beds were very comfortable. We went down for breakfast at about 9 a.m. Monday morning (breakfast was until 9:30). Our only complaint was the sausage links were gone (my son got half of one), the eggs were gone by the time my family ate, and there was no yogurt left. We did have really good waffles. The ladies working the breakfast area weren't especially friendly (one had a grandchild there and was busy fixing his waffle) or apologetic when asked if more eggs, sausage and yogurt would be put out (the answer was no). Another family came in after us, and also complained. Breakfast ran until 9:30 a.m., so it would be nice if they would keep it fully stocked until then. I would not let this stop me from staying here again. Definitely worth our $$.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fisher004
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Excellent, friendly staff and exceptionally clean with very comfortable beds and plus was the gift bag for being a Choice Privileges Gold member. The even more pleasant surprise was in the morning with a great breakfast layout.....real scrambled eggs (not those flat thingees); real sausage; real biscuits and gravy, great selection of pastries/small doughnuts and terrific coffee...all with real silverware and real coffee mugs....wow!!! They know how to start one's morning off in the right way! Will definitely be our overnight stop when in the area if the reviews remain positive as I believe they should.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peyton_John
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times driving west to east on I-70 and the hotel continues to provide very good service and a good night sleep. We arrived late and the kids were not able to try out the pool or spa.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kansas_traveler38815
Reviewed 5 July 2013

On July 3, my husband and I were on the last three days of a month-long motor coach trip when it developed engine trouble on I-70 near the Kansas-Colorado border. We needed to find a place to stay that 1) would accept two dogs and 2) would be near the diesel repair facility. Fortunately, this Sleep Inn was able to accommodate us. They let us check in before noon, and when they saw our two coolers, offered to let us store our frozen food in the hotel freezer. (There's a fridge in the room but it doesn't have a freezer.) We were assigned room 101 -- at the end of the hall and very close to the exit door. Just outside this door, we were able to park our car...another appreciated convenience. The room was fairly large and has a real closet, lights with plugs on both side of the king-size bed, a comfortable chair and floor lamp, long desk with chair, extra corner shelf, two-part recycling bin, four large drawers, and in the bath, a snail shower and a long vanity with open shelf below.

The daily included breakfast had some extras that I haven't seen before in motels of this type, like real plates! Espresso was available in the coffee machine. Real scrambled eggs (not powdered or those weird sandwich things) were offered, as were really good cinnamon rolls.

It goes without saying that the motel is clean, and the staff exceptionally friendly and accommodating.

Another plus with staying in Colby was that we had a chance to visit the Prairie Museum of Art & History. While the outdoor displays representing farming and farm life are very interesting, the treasures are inside. One woman collected dolls, glass, ceramics, furniture, vintage fashion, jewelry and just about every other category of antiques and collectables. The exhibition is wonderfully displayed and fascinating to see.

on July 4, we had dinner at the nearby Montana Mike's, which also offered good value and service.

I would definitely stay here again and seek out other Sleep Inns when there's a choice of motels while "on the road."

Room Tip: Room 101 is on the first floor, at the end, and there's parking there, too. Great for dog walkin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SophieBlue09
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Driving across Kansas on I-70 is not a pleasant experience. This town justifiably calls itself an oasis, as it provided a restful and functional stop (hotel, dinner, gas) for us. The hotel stay was outstanding, including the service, room, and breakfast. Was it ever hard to get back on I-70! We will return for this break on our next trip!
We have not stayed at many Sleep Inns, but my impression is that it exceeds the usual standard of performance of the chain. BTW, the El Dos de Oro restaurant down the street is also great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 22explorer22
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The rooms were comfortable, but I wish the walls were more sound proof. Breakfast was the nicest of the four hotels we stayed at on our trip. My major problem was the hair towels in the bathroom. I do not think they were washed after the last people in the room. The first one I tried had mascara all over it and the second one had long strands of hair on it. I also wish the hotel had a swimming pool.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JenniferMO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colby
Hampton Inn Colby
Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley
Kansas Country Inn
Kansas Country Inn
#1 of 6 in Oakley

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!