“Very Noisy”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Centennial, Colorado
“Very Noisy”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Spent last night at this property with every high expectations. It was pretty much as other reviewers had described it with one exception. It is not well insulated for noise. The person in the room next to ours had an incredibly loud snore which we heard all night long. If you're hoping to get a restful night of sleeping, you're taking your chances at the Sleep Inn. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy B
Sleep Inn a, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I really appreciate that you took the time to take the survey in TripAdvisor. Your comments help us to give our guests a good experience when staying with us.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I do hope the rest of your trip was uneventful and I would like to offer you a discount if you should be through this area in the future and should choose to stay with us again.
Again I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and would like to make it up to you in the future if at all possible.
Thank you for your time and have a GREAT day.
Pam Robinso, GM.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lawrence, KS
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I expected more for the price of the room. The room seemed clean and basic. The breakfast was ok. We had dinner at Montana Mike's (right next door to the hotel) and it was very good. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
I am happy to hear the Montana Mike's was a pleasant experience. They do have great food.

I would like Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Pulled in after 10 hour drive. Have nothing bad to say about this hotel except front desk clerk not friendly at all. She needs to be more welcoming. On our way out the door the next morning she was still there. She was not busy but did not bother saying thanks for staying with us or anything else. Excellent coffee!

• Stayed September 2013
Sleep Inn a, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. The information you gave us will help us to make your stay better the next time and will ensure that future reservations for other guests are pleasant.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sleep Inn & Suites
2075 Sewell Ave.
Colby, KS. 67701
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Spent the night here on our trip home to Michigan. The room was clean and comfortable and the complementary breakfast the next morning was excellent. The hotel location was close to restaurants and shopping. And as a bonus for all you who are Geocachers, this is located less than 10 miles from Mingo, the oldest active cache in the world. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sleep Inn a, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment in TripAdvisor. Your comments mean a lot to us as we share them with our employees and this lets them know they are doing a good job.
We truly appreciat that you chose to stay with us and welcome you back any time you are in this area.
Hope you have a GREAT day and Thanks again for your kind comments and choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Colby, KS.
Lenexa, KS
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here at the last minute. Normally, we review and plan before we start off on a trip but we were one of the escape tourists that got out of the flooded Colorado area before it was completely flooded. We had no idea about Sleep Inn nor have we stayed at a Sleep Inn before but it looked new and clean from the outside so we gave it a try. We didn't get any type of discount but thought the asking price at the last minute was fair so no complaints there. Our room was very clean and new looking furniture and features. The only thing that surprised us was the bathroom. Only a shower stall, not a bathtub, but for a night it would work. I could hear the people in the next room so I would assume the walls are rather thin but we got a good night's sleep and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was excellent. Many hot items, clean eating area, and real plates, glasses and silverware...No plastic...Wow! The coffee was very good. Would I stay here again, no doubt! Great value for the price. Can't complain! Great job Sleep Inn!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us and welcome you back any time you are in this area.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice now on our trips to Colorado. This hotel is clean with a great modern aesthetic. Breakfast is delicious with a good variety. We get a discount through our insurance which makes staying here a steal of a deal. In our opinion, this is the only place to stay out in western Kansas.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. My employees will be thrilled when they hear what a good job they are doing.
We are very glad you chose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again when you are in this area.
We Thank You, again, for staying with us and hope you have a GREAT day.
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 14 August 2013

As a Choiceprivileges Gold member, I have stayed at many Choice Hotels properties over the years. Out of all of their brands, my personal favorite is Sleep Inn. Many Sleep Inns I have stayed in are new or newly remodeled. The hotel in Colby is only 3 years old. In fact, when I found out that there was a Sleep Inn in Colby, I cancelled my reservation for the Comfort Inn in nearby Goodland just to stay here. I'm glad I did. Out of all the Sleep Inns I have stayed in, this was the best.

My room was big and tastefully decorated with a bigger than normal bathroom. The AC is worked through the panel on the wall and not on the machine itself and the room was nice and cool when I showed up after a hot day under the Kansas sun. You will find a fridge, microwave and a good size flat screen TV along with free wifi.

The front desk staff was friendly and courteous and recognized my Gold status by giving me a goody bag of freebies. I like free stuff!

Breakfast the following morning was superb. No cheap paper plates or silverware, but the real McCoy. Coffee was through a machine offering espresso as well. The two ladies supervising breakfast did a great job keeping everything clean and the food re-stocked. They also gave me a little baggie so I could take a muffin with me for the long drive on I-70.

There is no question where I will stay the next time I'm traveling the Kansas prairie!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank County-Hunter

Pam Robinson, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colby
Hampton Inn Colby
Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley
American Inn Colby
American Inn Colby
#9 of 10 in Colby

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!