“Great Value: Great Hotel”

Budget Inn & Suites Colby
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I reserved a room with this hotel based on price alone. It was by far the cheapest hotel in the area. THEN, I looked up reviews on the hotel. I was very concerned at this point as I was traveling with my grandson and was worried about the condition of the hotel rooms. When I pulled up, I was surprised at how clean the hotel property was. There was even a nice fenced courtyard in the middle of the parking lot that had picnic tables and grills for guests to use. The staff was very nice and check in was a breeze. I went to my room to find my biggest surprise. The room was very nice, clean, and obviously had all new furniture in it. The bed was very comfortable, there was a nice desk, dresser, a large flat screen TV on the wall, and a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was also very clean. It was nothing like the pictures I viewed online. What I loved most was the remote to control the air conditioner. I loved not having to get up during the night to turn it down! I would definitely stay here again. It was the best value for my buck I have had in a long time. If you need a nice, quiet, clean, and comfortable place to stay, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Barry D, Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Your wonderful comments are so heart warming and our sincere thanks for taking the time write such a meticulous review.

We still have a ways to go but it is reviews and comments like your that make us feel that we are doing the right thing and will eventually achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.

We hope that other guest read your review and appreciate us for our sincere efforts.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a recent trip from Colorado to Oklahoma. This hotel is not fancy, but was more than adequate for our overnight stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was adequate for a one night stay, especially given the price. I would recommend this hotel if you need a decent place to stay for one night while passing through.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Our sincere appreciation for taking time to post your review.

We do get many compliments and our beds and mattresses are almost always commented on.
We have regulars that come and stay a night just to enjoy our bed comfort and down home country hospitality.

We look forward to your visit next spring.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Stopped between South dakota and Colorado Springs. Booked on line, and the owner wouldn't accept my paid confirmation price amd I had to pay more at the front desk. I even showed him my confirmed price and he just said if you don't like it go some place else. but wouldn't refund my original payment.

room wa dirty and needed to be updated

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

It is very unfortunate that this Canadian guest does not understand that in America we have TAX.
The guest insisted that he had made a reservation for a certain price and expected to pay just that.
The reservation confirmation clearly stated that that the price did not include local taxes and those will be calculated upon arrival.

The owner, who happened to be on property attempted to explain the above to the guest but all his efforts were in vain and he finally offered to cancel the reservation and let the guest find alternate accomodation.
The guest was aware that he would not find alternate accomodation matching or better than price and value he was paying and decided to stay and post this unfavorable review.
After being in the hospitality Industry for almost 40 years, we realize that our goal of 100% guest satisfaction might be unrealistic, consideration such unreasonable "family" coming to visit.
Neverthless we shall continue to forge ahead and strive to keep our motto a realistic dream.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed here in June on our way from Colorado to Kansas City, MO. We were put in a smoking room that hadn't been refurbished in decades. It also appeared to have not been cleaned in decades. There was a spider and a leaf under the top/flat sheet on the bed. The bathroom was filthy, and the whole room seemed dirty. We were just looking for a clean place to catch a few hours of sleep on our way through. We ended up having to lay on top of our own blankets to get any sleep. The smell in the room was horrible. On a positive note, the front desk clerk was very polite!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

We wish to express our sincere apology to the guest and thank the guest for at least making a favorable comment about our staff.

The Motel was under renovation and yes we did have work to do on our smoking rooms.

We would like to guest to considering staying with us in the future and we have no doubt that they will be pleasantly surprised at the change.

Most of the favorable reviews speak for them selves.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Exceptional service. If passing through and needing a place to sleep in the future, I would definitely do business again. Thanks for the great stay and being so kind even though it was so late in the evening.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Your favorable review is greatly appreciated. The hotel has surely come a long way since then and we would really like to welcome you back to see how far we have come.

In any event your comments are sinceely appreciated

Reviewed 12 September 2012

We check in late night and hotel was very clean and above our expectation. I see most hotels were old window A/C but in this we got split A/C with Fan. Breakfast was very good and has computer with printer for surfing. This hotel was near to highway. Overall we were pleased with service that provided by the Hotel. I really recommend to stay in this hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

It is reviews like these that convinced us to stay on the our path and goals.
It appears that our efforts are being appreciated by most guests.
We love to meet travellers and hear of their travels and provide the best possible accomodation and the most favorable rates.

We thank you and hope that you will visit us again

Reviewed 27 August 2012

The Clerk/Owner Woman was kind and helpful. We had a lovely conversation about Lord Ganesh while I was checking in, as his statuettes are in the office. The first order of Hindi Prayer goes to Lord Ganesh. Offers safe days and travels and wisdom. A good Topic to Influence my stay here....! I had been almost falling asleep at the wheel when I pulled in and immediately took a nap upon entering my room. Fell asleep right away, the bed and pillows were comfy. Many thanks to these hosts! Afordable too!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

We have made every effort to be true to the Travel blessings posted in the lobby as we march towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.

We will do all we can to be known as the Jewel in Little Colby and appreciated for our "down home country hospitality" on the Oasis on the plains.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colby
2 mi away
#1 of 6 in Oakley
American Inn Colby
American Inn Colby
#9 of 10 in Colby

Been to Budget Inn & Suites Colby? Share your experiences!