“Work stay at the Budget Inn and Suites Colby”

Budget Inn & Suites Colby
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Delta, Colorado
“Work stay at the Budget Inn and Suites Colby”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The room I was given was by far the best room I have stayed during my month long work tour. I have stayed at four different hotels in KS. including Oakley, Philipsburg and Wichita. The room at the Budget Inn was large and roomy with a sofa which was good for work meetings. The desk was large enough to set up a computer and printer. The bed was large and comfortable with pillows that are still new. The bathroom was large and well lit supplied with clean towels also supplied was sink and bath soaps.

The parking lot is large and roomy for cars as well as trucks with plenty of room for backing and maneuvering.

The hotel staff was pleasant and informative, the maids were thorough with their duties.

Room Tip: Describe your needs and the proper room will be selected for you
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Barry D, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
We thank you for taking time to post a detailed informative and positive review. Guests like you surely make our day and keep us smiling

It is our pleasure to have crews like yours stay with us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We booked on line which was fast and easy coming from Colorado to Illinois. Got us right into a room. Rekha the manager was very friendly. The room was amazing! Beautifully decorated. Smoke free. This is an older motel which takes me back to my childhood, I love nastalgic!They (Management) are doing a great job remodeling this motel. Rekha and Barry you are doing a great job on your motel and we will definitely keep the Budget Inn in Colby Ks as a place to stay in the future. Thank you! :)

• Stayed May 2014
Barry D, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
It is such a joy to read reviews like yours. We have tried very hard to update out "little diamond in the plains" as described by one of guests. We have been here just over 2 years and it has taken all of that time to get it to its present state.
Guests like you help keep us motivated and true to our goal to provide "down home country comfort" to all of our "family" of guests.
We have tried very hard to update and yet kept prices the most affordable in Colby. Appreciative guests like you have rewarded us with great reviews that has earned us the distinguished 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence.
Our sincere thanks to you. We hope to see you and all your friends and family that are looking for a quiet, clean, and comfortable facility with most amenities at the best rates in Colby soon.
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The owner, I believe it was, was very kind and didn't give me a hard time for checking in so late (I was driving from Colorado and didn't get in till almost 1:30am)

Wireless worked great and the room was spacious and clean.

He even let me check out a little later at noon.

Would come back if I'm in town again. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2014
Our sincere appreciation for taking time to post a great review. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and our motto is to treat every guest as "our family" returning home to your "home away from home".
Guests like you make our day for appreciating our sincere efforts to make your stay wonderful and memorable
We hope to see you again on your travels and hope you will recommend us to all your friends.

Once again - thank you
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I just traveled 8 hours from Texas before I came across Budget Inn. It was one cheaper places in town and probably has the best bed~! I got this huge bed with a new mattress. I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight!

Room Tip: More of a solo or couple place.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Barry D, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
We wish to thank you for taking time to post a positive review about the Budget Inn & Suites. We surely try very hard to provide a clean, most affordable and welcoming experience to all our guests.

Hope to see you and your friends soon
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I would recommend this motel to everyone, yes it's a little old but that's what I liked about it. I had a new king bed and a flat screen and was very happy. I slept so well I overslept by two hours. I really enjoy the older motels they have a lot of character as this one did and it was very clean

• Stayed April 2014
Barry D, Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
We really appreciate your favorable comments and sincerely thank you for taking time to post it
Positive comments like yours make our day and drives us to take very good care of our guests and keep our rooms very clean and comfortable for wiery travellers.
We hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

After reading other reviews we opted to stay here after driving 8 long hours through Kansas... Overall the room was clean, but outdated. Though it did have a new flat screen, without a remote... The heating unit was very noisy, and barely provided heat... It was snowy and we were cold all night. At $53, including tax, we can't complain too much. There was a roof over our heads and besides that noisy 'heater' the place was quiet, bed comfy. They also have a waffle maker and cereal included in the very cheap price... So weigh out what matters to you, we felt safe just a little chilly!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnchorJ
Barry D, Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
We wish to thank you for your review and are sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and try our best to make guests comfortabe by addressing all their concerns. We wish you would have brought them to the arrention of the night desk. All our rooms have remotes for tis. It is true that this is an older property is never going to be a 5 star Hotel. However, we strive to provide clean, comfortable accomodation at the best rate in Colby for what you get. The heat pumps do get noisy at times,especially when it is bitter cold and they have to constantly put out best.
We thank you for your positive comments and hope that we shall see you again and be able to satisfy your needs
Grove, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at this little hotel while I was visiting the college. Everyone was AMAZINGLY friendly and helpful. I stayed there for 2 days and every morning I got a call to make sure that I had everything I needed and that my stay was comfortable. And it was! The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and everything was in working order. The hotel was a little outdated but still warm and cozy. I enjoyed my stay very much and I would definitely recommend it to anyone going to stay in Colby, Ks on a budget!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Barry D, Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Our sincere thanks for taking time to post a review with such positive comments.

Guests like you make our day and add an even bigger smile on our employess faces so they serve you with great pleasure. It is nice to hear that our staff took great care of you. We continue to stay on track and make progress on our goal of providing 100% guest satsfaction, with clean, comfortable rooms at the most affordable rates in Colby.

We hope to see you, your friends and family on their next visit to or through Colby, KS.

Thank you once again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colby
Days Inn Colby
#9 of 10 in Colby
Kansas Country Inn
Kansas Country Inn
#2 of 6 in Oakley

Been to Budget Inn & Suites Colby? Share your experiences!