“Not the Ritz, but VERY Reasonable!”
Review of Motel 6 Colby

Motel 6 Colby
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Colby
St. Louis
“Not the Ritz, but VERY Reasonable!”
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

We made a quick stopover on our way to Colorado. We wanted an expensive, clean room, and the Six delivered. Sure it can use a refurb and updating but it was less than 60.00! We love how much we saved over the big chains. Plenty of dining placed nearby too.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 18 March 2013

this hotel was very clean and receptionist was very friendly and helpful.Not bad for the price at all, rooms were nice and hotel staff helpful. The location is kind of strange. Kind of all by itself, would stay here again

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This was my second time in this motel. The first was satisfactory but I think that was weighed by having a room on the north side. This time I had one on the south side “full sun all day” and the AC could not cool it but the AC was sealed with newspaper. It was over-priced for the usual Motel 6 especially since I was west bound and only 20 minutes later was another Motel 6 for $10 less and appeared better maintained with similar exterior services; gas, food, etc…

Room Tip: Reserve or ask for the "north" side of the building, especially in summer months.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob W

Travellers are raving about these Colby hotels

Kansas City
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Since all the hotels in Colby, Hays and Oakley are rated 1 or 2 stars...we keep experimenting. I want cheap and clean, but a king or 2 doubles. This hotel was $51 plus tax for King. We got coffee for breakfast and ran through McDonalds. Works for me! Free Internet, bath area good. Could have used a new blanket on the bed, but room clean, lady at front desk efficient. Quiet.

Room Tip: If you want plush.......spend more money someplace else, but for under $60 this is good.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I had made on-line reservations and had no problem checking in. The bed was quite comfortable and the room was clean. Microwave and fridge in the room was a pleasant surprise. Front desk had nice, helpful people. We spent a quiet night and slept well. For a great rate ($54.89 - total) both my husband and I feel this motel was a great deal. Our overall road trip of over 4,000 miles yielded a few wonderful surprises and this was one. We are not Motel Snobs, we don't expect a hundred frills at Motel 6, just a good room and over-night comfort! This motel paid off! We recommend it for a good night sleep in quiet comfort.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed one night and it just happened to be a night with a huge sand storm. Sand was coming in our room around the windows and the air conditioner. I went to the desk and asked for another room and they did move us across the hall. It was better but we still had a little sand. They lost power for about 3 hours. I couldn't get my work done on the computer so we just went to bed. I know they con't control the weather but I thought they would offer some money back for compensation but they did not. All in all it was a nice place to stay for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2012

For a Motel 6, I feel that this motel pretty nice. The size of the room was adequate, and they offered Free Wireless internet (many Motel 6 properties charge extra for internet). What makes this property nice is that there are two doors in each room, one on the outside wall so you can go out to your car, as well as one on the other side of the room that leads to the inside corridor leading to the lobby. One problem I had is that the phone in the room did not work, when I tried to call the front desk to request a wake-up call. I went to the desk, and the clerk explained that they had had trouble with the phone in that particular room, but were able to set a wake-up call, which I did receive in the morning. However, (I'm guessing because I had the issue the night before), an employee came and knocked on my door shortly after the time I requested for a wake-up call, just to make sure.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business