“worth checking out”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Colby
cimarron, kansas
“worth checking out”
Reviewed 10 November 2010

older motel. but well kept----beds are very satisfactory---showers are excellent---generally well kept, and clean----rates are good for those on a budget.---The hotel staff has been very accomodating--- Have stayed there for approximately 3 to 4 years when on business in the city, and have been pleasantly satisfied----Would recommend it to anyone who wants comfortable accomodations, for a reasonable price.-----------------------------Regards, Floyd Ralls-----Cimarron Kansas-----620-338-6797

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Willits, California
Reviewed 9 November 2010

My husband and I stopped in Colby and searched for a room with a good price. We ended up staying at the Motel 6 and were very satisfied with our stay. The beds were comfortable and rooms were very clean. Everyone was very friendly, I recommend this motel to anyone passing through!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I was double-charged. I paid in cash for the room on check-in. 2 days later my credit card was charged an additional amount of $62.32.

I called the hotel at 785-462-8201 - reception could not help and gave me the number of the hotel manager (Sonny Patel) 404-819-7833. Called him a couple of times for investigation and resolution of the problem. He promised to get back to me and never did.

Terrible customer service. Additionally, the ceiling in the room we stayed in (#121) was leaking at night during rain. Water just comes through on the carpet.

Would not recommend staying in this place.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Colby hotels

Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stopped at the Colby KS motel because we were traveling from Missouri & Colorado and were exhausted. We did not have reservations. My husband went into the lobby and requested a room on the 1st floor as I am in a wheelchair. The receptionist was very pleasant. However, the room was a nightmare. When we opened the door, the room had a very powerful musty/mold smell. We figured it was due to the fact that the air conditioner had been running all day. However, once we removed our shoes, we discovered the issue. The carpet from the bathroom into the bedroom was completed soaked. On top of that, there were obvious stains all over the floor, there were dead bugs all over the place, and the toilet was not secured to the floor. Being in a wheelchair, I was not able to use the toilet without fear that it would fall over and I would get injured further. My husband attempted to take a shower and discovered that the sink and bathtub had not been clearned; there was hair everywhere. This room also has other issues: the light is falling out of the ceiling, the air conditioner thermostat is broken and ran all night, the floor tiles in the bathroom are broken and have had grout smeared all over the door and walls, and the door does not shut securly. This room is barely wheelchair accessible has my husband had a very difficult time getting me into the room. When we complained, we simply were told "We have wheat bugs and there is nothing we can do." All of the other issues seemed to not matter. If we had not been so exhausted and I was not in a wheelchair, we would have left and found another hotel. Unfortunately, we will never return to another Motel 6 in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stayed one night at this hotel and were very impressed! It was very nice, clean and offered a wonderful hot coffe. The rooms have a living area and bredroom and the bathroom was big and roomy. It was also very quiet and they allow pets. We plan on staying there again the next time we are through colby

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank self1985
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 6 June 2008

We were only passing through on our way to Yellowstone and checked in at around 11 pm. We booked 2 rooms using Roomsaver coupons for about $45 each. The hotel looks fairly new compared to the others in the area. The rooms were good - adequate lighting, TV, etc., and there were no bugs. Also, the lady at the desk was very nice. Overall, I would say it is one the the nicer, better kept up Motel 6's.

• Liked — Covenient to the road
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
St. Louis
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We got to this motel during a thunderstorm and was a bit disconcerted to find large ant like critters scurrying around in front of the side entrance....

We accidentally booked a smoking room! And the motel was full so we were stuck.

The room was average size for a Motel 6...it did have a table and a couple of chairs which was nice.

My daughter came out of the bathroom and said her feet were sticking to the floor - ugh! Sure enough I walked around in there with my sandles and my feet kept sticking.

The toilet kept running until we jiggled the handle (after every flush!) and one of the pillows had a hole with stuffing coming out of it.

You know - I know it's a Motel 6 and we're not talking first rate hotels - but I'd just like it to be clean and have pillows with no holes or at least put one of those pillow protectors over it if there is a hole.

The creepy bugs outside the hotel were a nuisance while we were trying to load our car the next morning in the rain...had stuff piled there and I feared we'd take home a load of the fellas!

Stayed August 2007