“Rooms remodeled, very clean, and great staff”
Review of Super 8 Colby

Super 8 Colby
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Colby
“Rooms remodeled, very clean, and great staff”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I never do hotel reviews but i must. The owner was very accommodating and helpful - a good person. I am just so pleased with the room we got - it was clean as can be - everything in the hotel is remodeled - everything was new in the room we stayed in - carpets, bathroom, new bed, recliner, lamps. This is not your typical Super 8. The room prices are very affordable. We will definitely come back! You should check it out.

• Stayed May 2011
jayshri, Owner at Super 8 Colby, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Williamstown
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Driving across I-70, you have your choice of budget-minded hotels. The Super 8 in Colby is an excellent choice if you're looking for clean, quiet accommodations.

Our room was located in the main building and was ready upon check-in. Fully equipped with bed, recliner, well-appointed bathroom, coffee maker, mini-fridge, and microwave.

Everything was clean and in good working order. The heating unit was a little tricky to figure out but still kept the room warm (it was below 0 during our stay).

Morning breakfast was more than adequate, fresh, and served in a clean, friendly environment.

Personnel were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
jayshri, Owner at Super 8 Colby, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
Thank You, we appreciate your review and look forward to your next visit!
St. Louis
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We stayed here on 9/12/10. There were 5 of us with 3 rooms. When we first pulled in, it looked kind of bad but then we realized that they were redoing the stucco outside and it hadn't been finished. We went inside and it was very nice. The clerk said that the decorations were new. She was very friendly and helpful. We asked where we could get a good steak dinner and she recommended Montana Mike's across the street and told us that we would get a 10% discount with our room key, which we did. Our rooms were in a separate building from the main one. The carpet looked fairly new, the rooms were clean and each had 2 queen sized beds in them.

The breakfast was okay. Most of us didn't think it was very good. I ended up with oatmeal after trying the biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were rock hard and the gravy didn't soften them at all. The gravy had no flavor. The orange juice had a bad taste, maybe the machine needs cleaning or I just got into a bad batch. I'd stick with the cereal or the oatmeal.

We got a good deal on this room. I didn't realize it when I booked it that it was non-refundable. That was okay, we knew we were staying there that night. Our rooms were $50 each. When the guys checked out, the manager couldn't believe how low we paid. I guess by the time he paid the utilities, maid service & breakfast, he didn't make any money on us.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank reindeerlvr
Salina, Kansas
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We were traveling with 3 other couples when we stayed at this Super 8 in Colby, KS. All four rooms were clean with comfortable beds and nice amenities. The price of $70 total per room was very reasonable considering the nice continental breakfast that was included. Would stay here and again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 7 July 2010

My fiance and I, along with help from both of our fathers, just moved from Reno, NV to Charleston, WV and stopped at a number of hotels along the way. The room arrangement of the Super 8 was great, we needed a room with three beds, and in this case got two queens and a sleeper sofa.
The reservation was made kind of last minute, since we didn't really know how far we'd make it that day, and we ended up arriving at 3am local time. I kept calling to tell them that we'd be a late arrival, and they kept assuring me it was fine, which it was. When we checked in the front desk clerk wasn't necessarily the most cordial (it was 3am after all), but wasn't necessarily mean either. Just there. There was plenty of parking available for our moving truck and our pickup truck towing a car trailer, and it was right outside of our room, which was coincidentally quite nice.
We stayed in the second building (not the one the check-in desk is in), which is apparently the smoke and pet- free building. I have a pet turtle (who lived in a sealable tupperware container for the duration of the trip) and upon check-in, the desk clerk eye-balled him a bit funny, like "is that a pet or what?" kind of thing, but it's not like he gets out and runs around...
Anyway, so we walked through the first building, which did smell quite horrible of smoke, to the second building, which didn't have any bad odor. The room was clean, bathroom was clean, and the room was spacious which would have been very nice had we stayed more than 6 hours. The bathroom was a bit small, but there was a second sink outside of the bathroom, which was a nice addition. The only weird thing about the room was as we went to bed, my fiance and I noticed some kind of writing on the sheets- it was the room number! Really? They have to write the room number on the sheets?? Really weird. I didn't ask our dads if they had room numbers on their sheets, they were already asleep. Also, when we woke up the bottom fitted sheet (with a room number on it...) had come off of the mattress, which just weirds me out to touch bare hotel mattresses. Neither of us toss and turn in our sleep, so it was odd that it came loose in the first place, on both sides too. Clearly we didn't notice it in the middle of the night, probably because we were exhausted.
This was the only hotel I missed free breakfast in (I had been driving until 3am!), but according to my dad who made it, it was average with waffles, eggs, pastries, coffee, etc.
I don't recall seeing a pool, I think this hotel thrives on business like us- road-weary travelers who need a room for the night and will be gone immediately after their free breakfast. Overall, I wouldn't plan a vacation around staying here, but it was a good sized room and a great price for what we needed, which was a place to sleep, shower, and eat a free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Kentucky
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I stayed in the back building of this hotel and it was designated for guests who do not smoke and do not have pets. It was very nice and clean and I felt safe here. I did not have any problems with this hotel and slept great! I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone. The service and check in and check out was great and the general manager was on site at check in and check out which I thought was good. Sorry to the others who had bad experiences but you must have stayed in another building on the property because my room was great at a great rate!

• Stayed May 2010
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We stopped here because of severe weather and were lucky to get a room in town at all! Super 8 was the third hotel we tried--others were booked. We expected it to be a dump. To our surprise, we walked into the nicest, cleanest and most welcoming room of our trip. Another reviewer here stayed during construction last year, which explains why we got lucky...everything was brand new. But more than that, the towels were folded cleverly into fan shapes, the beds were exceptionally comfortable w/ nice blankets, and furniture was carefully arranged (something notable after staying in a Comfort Inn in Wichita that wedged two double beds, a wing chair, chest of drawers, credenza and an executive desk chair into a room half the size of this one) Let it just be said someone is using their noodle at the Super 8 in Colby, and it shows.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family