“Clean, Quiet,”
Review of Super 8 Colby

Super 8 Colby
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Reviewed 15 September 2012

The room, bathroom, and breakfast areas were very clean. Comfy beds. Quiet. Breakfast was outstanding.
Reasonable rate.
Close to good places to eat.
Staff was helpful.
A pleasant experience.
Good location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Vijay R, General Manager at Super 8 Colby, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the hotel and the service, I’m glad you were satisfied with the room, the location and the people. Thanks again for sharing your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

The staff we very friendly and eager to help. That's a start, the sheets were also clean.
The beds leaned so that your feet were much higher than your head. I could live with that. The bathroom was filthy. Filthy!
Because it was 107 * that day, the air conditioner couldnt keep up. It was warmer in our room at night than outside, so we opened the window and were given a fan.
This room after taxes was $90. Not worth $40.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank paintsmudge
jayshri, Manager at Super 8 Colby, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs and steps have been taken to rectify the issue. - Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to provide you with a more pleasant stay in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

When we arrived the lights were off in the lobby. Took a while for the clerk to greet us and check us in. The rooms show their age...broken pieces on the air conditioning controls things like that. Liquor store next door and good steakhouse across the street.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff H

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our front office staff. - Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

My stay at this hotel was average, employees spoke broken english and didn't seem to understand the computer system. Desk clerk offered me an upgraded room and then said he was mistaken it wasn't available. Wi-Fi worked well, breakfast offering was sparse and no room to sit down, I went back to my room. Biggest issue with tis stay was the hotel supplie incorrect infor mation to Whyndham rewards that the stay did not earn points. I booked on-line without using any special program. Supposedly the hotel admitted to the mistake, but have been waiting for the issue to be resolved for over 2 weeks. Also the spa was out 0f service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our front office staff and steps have been taken to rectify the issue. - Thanks again for your feedback and kind words about my staff. - Please come back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Booked a room that had a 15% discount for the days that we were going. Plugged in 2 adults and 2 children (13-17) and got a rate for a 2 Queen beds room for 67.99 + tax. When we got there the man at the counter told me the rate was wrong ...that the 17 yr old is considered an adult and changed my rate to 72.24 + tax...i argued the point ...no where is a 17 yr old considered an adult...especially on your own company website. He told me "they are changing it". I called when i got home and filed a complaint and was told that he should not have changed my rate and filed a official complaint with the property.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rose p
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our trip through Kansas. This hotel was very clean, very quiet and the beds were comfortable. The price was very reasonable - we got a AAA rate - and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Guest, I am glad to know that we met your expectations during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel; please come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Only complaint was that the blankets were rough to the touch and the sheet had a hole in it... Other than that we had an overall nice nights sleep. (Slight cigarette smell but the air conditioner worked great so it wasn't that bad once the air got moving around.)

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear guest, I thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that our staff met your expectations, On the other hand, the housekeeping department will be made aware of the blanket problem.. Thanks again for your comments and looking forward to see you again.