“Not a bad place, but getting old.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Not a bad place, but getting old.”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The room has everything you need. Bed, two chairs, fridge, microwave, coffee pot and a huge Flat Screen TV. A/C works great. The floors in the bathroom were sticky from the last mop job. Door to the room looked like someone had broke in at some time. We've stayed there before and probably will stay again. Last time we ate at their mexican food, we were really pleased. This time we tried Montain Mike's, never again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I was traveling from St. Louis to Denver - decided to stay in Colby because I was extremely tired. Also, because I am a Choice Rewards member, I saw the Quality Inn - checked in late, went to my room and slept. When I woke up in the morning, I found the room full of bugs resembling bedbugs, but not sure what they were - I packed up and left immediately. Had I looked first, I would have gone back and requested my money back. I didn't even stay for breakfast, not knowing if there were bugs in the kitchen or not. I know this should not affect how I feel about all Quality Inns, but it will probably be quite awhile before I stay at a Quality Inn again - I'll opt for the Comfort Inn.

I must add that the girl that checked me in actually check me in as someone else with a reservation even though she had my ID. The manager had to 'undo' everything she did so as not to void/cancel someone else's reservation, and then check me in... it took about 15 minutes before I was able to go to my room

Room Tip: Inspect the room first!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Colby hotels

Altoona, Iowa
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Least expensive yet high quality for the area. Checked in late yet had great service. Knowledgeable staff was able to give directions with ease and a smile. Breakfast room was cheery. Food well stocked and tasty. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Okawville, Illinois
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The room was nice and bed comfortable, although the sink drain plug was broken. We informed the desk clerk at checkout. The exercise was good, breakfast tasty. The room refrigerator was small. They get a B+ grade.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
PA
Reviewed 13 September 2012

After traveling from Indianapolis on our way to CO, we were ready to stop for the night. Unable to pull internet off my smart phone, we just called our hotel loyalty club membership and ran through availabilities with them. My husband selected this establishment because they required less points than the other 2 hotel options. Well, you get what you pay for is proven out in this case. The hotel was less than tidy, there were no elevators...and I am undergoing therapy for a bad knee- but arriving after midnight, I was told there were no other rooms. It appeared to me that once upon a time this hotel may have had outside room entry but they closed it in-poorly. The halls were dark and dirty. My husband dropped some change and and when checking under the bed, found a dirty sock and a stuffed animal that someone had left behind. The front desk provide us with the wifi code...but failed to tell us there was a different code if using a phone verses a laptop. When I couldn't connect to the internet and called the front desk, my call would not go through. Then my phone gave about half a ring and then went quiet...no answer on the other end. When I mentioned this to them the next morning the staff said they had tried to call back but when they talked to me they found I couldn't hear them. No one came to the room to see what my concerns/needs may have been. Based on the condition of cleanliness with the rooms and the building itself, we were hesitant to eat any breakfast there. When making our return back to PA, we ended up in Colby for the night. My husband was ready to drive another hour to avoid this hotel. We were able to get booked into the Sleep Inn...night and day difference. Stay here if you are able!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family