“Definitely not living up to its name.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Kansas
“Definitely not living up to its name.”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We booked upon arrival, which is not typical for us as usually one gets a huge mark-up. We stayed here based on our previous night's experience at the Pueblo, Quality Inn (which was good). We were charged $65 for the room, which is normally reasonable. There was a Mexican restaurant on site with a huge menu selection and they offered the menu items to go (we had a very grumpy wee girl with us and did not want to disturb the other patrons with her screaming). The food was delicious and plentiful.
The room was quiet, the free WIFI was patchy, but I didn't really use the Internet much. No issues there.

I'm still not quite sure what is up with those four dinky cushions that are disguised as pillows. However, I did sleep well (which really is critical to whether a place is worth staying at or not), so my comment is more curiosity than anything - the place in Pueblo had the same thing.

The hotel chain claims a full continental breakfast and when I went to organize my daughter's breakfast, there was no milk. I took an empty pitcher to the front desk and the man there said he had to go to the store and get some! There was still at least an hour left before the breakfast room was closed and patrons were still piling in. There was no creamer for peoples' coffee. When we went to check out, our other party member had to wait while someone finished their smoke, texting and chasing their dog down (on company time?) outside in the parking lot before being able to check out!

The previous evening, I had noticed the lady on the front desk looked a bit scruffy and for me to say that about someone else's appearance is pretty scathing, because I'm not all about appearances. Sure, it's a country town, but the hotel services people from all over and a good presentation is generally preferred.

If you read any of my previous hotel reviews, I'm not a snobby self-entitled traveler. I'm average Joe (or Josephine) and appreciate even the modest of things, but this was totally poor service. There are other places to stay in Colby - I'd recommend trying those places first.

Room Tip: If you just want a peaceful sleep, stay here. If you want breakfast, bring your own milk. If you nee...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Staff friendly an willing to accommodate us on our needs . room was big and clean. The only problem here was the beds are old and hard.and the curtains are old. very quite. they have a restaurant located off the lobby called El Dos de Oros Mexican restaurant serves very good food. my husband said don't forget to mention the huge flat screen t.v. this made his list of places to stop for the upcoming football season

• Stayed June 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Definitely an older property. Desk clerk was very pleasant. She took one look at me (gray-haired lady driving solo) and put me in a very nice room on the 1st floor instead of the 2nd floor room assigned since there are no elevators. Had a very comfortable king sized bed. Room was very clean. There was no hot tub and the pool water would have been too cool to enjoy. Breakfast only average. Very easy access to property from I-70. The on premises Mexican restaurant looked good, but I did not try it. I would not hesitate to stay here again--I felt very secure.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 May 2013

May 2013. We booked our room by phone. I had found the hotel online but I failed to read the reviews. I learned my lesson. The room was located bottom floor near an entrance to that hall. The door to that entrance did not not have a door closer to keep the door from slamming to each time it was opened. People coming and going to late hours and leaving early, needless to say, we did not get much sleep. Slam,slam,slam!!!
Our bed had a plastic cover on the mattress and why? Every time you moved it was an awful sound. Worst of all, the next morning we realized the door to our room did not actually close. We just went in pushed door to and used the dead bolt lock and did not realize that the door was not staying closed. My husband just happened to check the window and it was unlocked. Restrooms in lobby were nasty. The beds were sloppily made.. I guess you get that I suggest you stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Colby hotels

Clear Lake, Iowa
Reviewed 22 April 2013

this is an older property. They have done some remodeling but not enough and the hallways and room doors really need paint. The Drapes in our room were really bad. The Mattress was really hard to sleep on. However, The suite was a nice size. Breakfast was sufficient. Being Gluten free can be a problem with hotel breakfasts. They did have Eggs and sausage. they also had hard boiled eggs.Curtain didnt close well , lights in parking lot very bright... (should be a good thing for safety of car and property) However made it hard to sleep, not being able to close out the bright parking lot light.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The facility is an older property and in good appearance, but many small things are not good.
1st, the sink was clogged and extremely slow to drain.
2nd the phone to the front desk was not working - called on my cell phone. The young lady at the front desk was very cordial and did everything she could, but no one came to fix it.
3rd could not get the internet connected, even though there seemed to be a signal.
4th the mattress must be the original one from when the unit was built many years ago, not comfortable and had a bad smell.
So our experience there was not good.

Room Tip: This is a large 2 story facility with no elevator. Suggest requesting a ground floor room close to t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I won't stay here again.. I'm checking out in 12 hours and it can't come soon enough. Left my room at 8 am to reserve another day out of necessity upon arrival back at my room the non English speaking house keepers had already let themselves into my room gone through my things in the night stand, did no cleaning and made it so that my card no longer worked and when I questioned why my things had been gone through they simply stared at me not understanding, also the bathroom is disgusting there are numerous long black hairs clinging to the shower wall how you miss that while wiping down a beige shower I'll never know.

• Stayed February 2013