“Pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Ellsworth, Kansas
“Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife & I wanted a quick, quiet retreat. This sounded like a good place. I read some bad reviews, and was concerned, so I called the motel. The owner answered and assured me that he had "cleaned house", and the poor service and other situations were being taken care of. When we got there, there were renovations going on, but not where we stayed. The new owner, Joe, was there in the evening and checked us into the motel. We had a nice king suite, with the bedroom out-of-sight from the door (very nice). There was a TV in each room, microwave & refrigerator, etc. They had a good breakfast, and a great Mexican restaurant. They are in the motel / restaurant corridor. It was a very good value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Colorado, PR
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I was going to Colorado and it was 8 pm & I choose this hotel Booz one my frnd came here and he told me abut it so I try and it was good experience I got by excellent staff room was clear and smell good the facility was real good and breakfast had lot of choice so overall it was excellent .

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
WG Mo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised, the motel is newly remodeled, everything was neat and clean. The staff was helpful beyond words. He was friendly, personally helped me when I needed assistance. I expected fruit and perhaps a roll, we had eggs, sausage, gravy and the extras. For the money this was a "Great Value"!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2013

For the price range I found this establishment to well suit my needs. It was very accommodating and the staff was more than willing to satisfy our needs as a family. From what Im told they are under new management and improving the quality of the stay project by project. The previous management did a great job at ruining their reputation. As we all know one family member can do that to to the best of families. In my opinion, The quality Inn of Colby deserves a chance to please once again. The rooms were sufficiently clean and the beds new and comfy. They have laundry facilities on the premises(they are getting upgrades soon) and a pool to unwind in with the kids after a long drive. A restaurant on the premises is also very nice. The hot breakfast in the morning was good although I would prefer more fruit and grains. Overall, I rated my stay as very good. I recently stayed at a Marriot that could have been a better stay considering their name. The quality Inn gave my the quality I needed and I gave them the grace they needed to make the necessary changes . I would stay here again with pleasure and recommend that you do to. For the price its worth it. Sheila Molina, New York

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Don't stay here. The front desk was very nice and welcoming, but when we got to our room, we noticed a strange smell. The bathroom had cockroaches running around and a suspicious brown substance on the walls. The toilet was soiled and the bathroom sink had hair in it. The light fixtures had bugs in them. The manager was not on duty. In fact, the front desk told us he would not be in until at least 10AM the next day. If we had not driven for 14 hours, we would have never stayed the night. The place needs some management. Needless to say, we did not eat the free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Colby hotels

Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend family reunion.

Rooms- The rooms we stayed in were nice and had plenty of room for us. We didn't find anything out of place or bad about the rooms other than they are not completely modern. The ceiling had a few spots and the walls have been recently painted but nothing really bad. The painting that has been done recently was rather sloppy with the painter painting over door hinges and such but the rooms are nice enough to stay in and feel comfortable and clean.

Breakfast- Breakfast was better and had more of a variety than other hotels we have stayed at on our trips in times past. They had sausage, biscuits and gravy, donuts, bagels, waffles, juice, coffee, milk, cereal and other misc items such as yogurt. We were pleased with the breakfast and the breakfast area was clean with a TV to watch while eating.

Pool- Our kids went swimming in the pool and it was nice for them. I do not recall finding a hot tub or spa but they have a little kiddy pool for younger kids.

Service- Was good but on one day they did not clean our room (we are not sure why) and we simply asked for towels and shampoo and they gave it all to us pronto even delivering it to our room.

Value- We have a large family and many prices in Colby for basic hotel rooms were really high. Some $50 or more per room per night. We rented two rooms each night for almost the same price you could rent one from one of the more fancy hotels. I do not believe the extra expense would have been worth it at all. This hotel was plenty good for the stay we had and we will stay here the next time we come to Colby.

Room Tip: If in doubt ask to see the room before renting. We did this and found our rooms totally acceptable.