“good food”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Columbia, Missouri
“good food”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Only one person was handling the check in and a convention was in filling the hotel. More help arrived the next morning though for breakfast and checkout.
The breakfast was very good. The restaurant, City Limits, was also very good.
The bathroom was not clean which was disappointing as everything else was very nice.
You might want to check if they are having a convention as breakfast was very very crowded. The staff did well but we had to eat in our room as all the seating was full.

Room Tip: The staff was courteous and helpful. They seemed a bit short staffed at check-in due to a convention...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bruce A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your compliments regarding the breakfast and City Limits Bar and Grill. We also want to apologize for not being properly staffed and not meeting cleanliness expectations in the bathroom. Thank you for your review and we hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Bruce Arnberger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Woodland Park, CO
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Colby, Kansas is exactly halfway in between my family and I, so I stay here quite often. I agree with other reviewers that the staff of the Comfort Inn is friendly and accommodating. It is an average hotel with standard features, but unlike some other reviewers I have found it clean, and everything was in good working order.
I would offer a few tips to help make your stay more comfortable. If you can, go to breakfast early. The room is quite small and because breakfast is between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m., it gets full between 8 and 9, naturally. I always request a room with full-sized pillows. You might want to, too. The small square ones provided in some rooms are just not my thing. Also, I would suggest becoming a choice privileges member. The rewards sometimes offer 20 to 30% savings on the room rate, and points add up to a free nights' stay or gift cards, etc. For dining, I have not tried the hotel restaurant. We had gift cards to the local chains, so that's where we ate, but we did venture out to eat at the China Buffet. I don't recommend it. The food was just, okay, and not really all that great. Enjoy the small town offerings of Colby on your next stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KansasExplorer5115
Thank you for your review. We take pride in making sure our staff service and room cleanliness are exceptional. Our staff will be excited to hear that you were pleased in both areas. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you agian soon!

Bruce Arnberger
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I love staying here I'm a truck driver and stay at a lot of motels I always try to get to Colby to stay at the comfort inn staff is great always willing to do anything to make sure my stay is a good one love it here been staying here for once a week for 3 years and love it thank you very much I also had a brother stay here and loved it also

Room Tip: I think all the rooms here are great your lucky to get a room here
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert M
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We did not book our room in advance but were able to get a room easily. The room was typical in style and comfort. The bed was comfortable and the temperature was easy to regulate. Since I need the internet for work, I was especially interested. I was able to get on to the internet easily; however, my husband could not. The room was quiet and clean. If needed, we would probably stay again. However, we might try another motel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Typical Comfort Inn; inexpensive. However, we held our res with one card, and paid with another. After more than a week, both cards are showing a debit. We called the front desk, then emailed the hotel asking them to void one card, but have not heard from them, nor have they taken care of it. This has never happened anywhere else. This should be an easy fix, but apparently they could care less!!! There are other hotels in Colby!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barbdrum
LONG ISLAND, NY
Reviewed 8 August 2013

It's your average Comfort Inn, but housekeeping is lacking. hair in the tub and sink. Everything else was average. Front desk attendant was entertaining, albeit a little aggressive. The attached restaurant is a big rip off, keep searching for a place to eat.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NY-HAWGMAN
Denver, CO
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

First, KS hotels full up quick weekend nights near the border so we were lucky to get this room but for over $100 a night I felt it missed a few marks.
The beds are ok, rooms are spaceous, has a microwave and fridge with a huge flat screen tv. However the room, needs some help in the repair area. There are more than a few holes that need to be filled and the mirror was broken. The room was surface clean but when I looked into the coffee maker, it was clear that it hadn't been cleaned lately.
Beaware that there is NO elevator, but the hotel is only two stories. The shower is Very loud and probably needs to be replaced or cleaned. Only a few of the water holes shoot water.
The pool and hot tub are open 24hours which is nice, both are indoors.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank bobco303
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colby
Hampton Inn Colby
Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley
American Inn Colby
American Inn Colby
#9 of 10 in Colby

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!