“Average”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Estes Park, Colorado
“Average”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The best part of our stay was the helpful staff. They are friendly and accomodating. The room was comfortable and it's a hoot to watch TV in two time zones. The furniture and bathroom fixtures are well worn, although the shower was very nice. We are used to staying in hotels where no smoking is allowed and, even though we had a no smoking room, we had to walk down the hallways passed rooms where smoking was occuring. UGH. The breakfast was marginal. It's easy to tell most of it comes from a mix. Sausages were fine. Colby is a convenient place to stay on the highway but we'll probably find another hotel the next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bruce A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your review regarding our hotel. I am pleased to let you know that we are in the midst of a remodel that includes new furniture and light fixtures. We will also be converting into a 100% smoke free hotel. Thank you for your stay and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Bruce Arnberger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
USA
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very nice staff on the hotel side. Went to the bar after a wedding and the lady bartenders where very rude. Rooms where very clean. The beds where very comfortable. Would stay again if we ever get that way again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bruce A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
rugg2009,

Thank you for your compliments regarding our hotel! Our staff will be pleased to hear of your stay. On behalf of the entire staff, I would also like to apologize for the poor service you recieved at the restaurant. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure that we continue to offer an exceptional experience for all of our guests in the future.

Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Every one is so helpful there. Not fancy but clean comfortable. Told us about 400 craft booth show in scott city and gave directions. also new restaurant in Colby. Desk person gave me a donation of shampoo etc. and went home to get some clothes for group in Ethiopia my friends are collecting for. Good group of employees . My sis meets meets me there for a sis weekend about 4 times a year and we have a great time

Room Tip: we like downstairs. Also coffee and tea are close and pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Darlene R,

Thank you for sharing your weekend stay with us. We were pleased to hear of your donation venture, and glad we could help out. It is a pleasure to have quality returning customers such as yourself. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Only one person was handling the check in and a convention was in filling the hotel. More help arrived the next morning though for breakfast and checkout.
The breakfast was very good. The restaurant, City Limits, was also very good.
The bathroom was not clean which was disappointing as everything else was very nice.
You might want to check if they are having a convention as breakfast was very very crowded. The staff did well but we had to eat in our room as all the seating was full.

Room Tip: The staff was courteous and helpful. They seemed a bit short staffed at check-in due to a convention...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bruce A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your compliments regarding the breakfast and City Limits Bar and Grill. We also want to apologize for not being properly staffed and not meeting cleanliness expectations in the bathroom. Thank you for your review and we hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Woodland Park, CO
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Colby, Kansas is exactly halfway in between my family and I, so I stay here quite often. I agree with other reviewers that the staff of the Comfort Inn is friendly and accommodating. It is an average hotel with standard features, but unlike some other reviewers I have found it clean, and everything was in good working order.
I would offer a few tips to help make your stay more comfortable. If you can, go to breakfast early. The room is quite small and because breakfast is between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m., it gets full between 8 and 9, naturally. I always request a room with full-sized pillows. You might want to, too. The small square ones provided in some rooms are just not my thing. Also, I would suggest becoming a choice privileges member. The rewards sometimes offer 20 to 30% savings on the room rate, and points add up to a free nights' stay or gift cards, etc. For dining, I have not tried the hotel restaurant. We had gift cards to the local chains, so that's where we ate, but we did venture out to eat at the China Buffet. I don't recommend it. The food was just, okay, and not really all that great. Enjoy the small town offerings of Colby on your next stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KansasExplorer5115
Thank you for your review. We take pride in making sure our staff service and room cleanliness are exceptional. Our staff will be excited to hear that you were pleased in both areas. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you agian soon!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I love staying here I'm a truck driver and stay at a lot of motels I always try to get to Colby to stay at the comfort inn staff is great always willing to do anything to make sure my stay is a good one love it here been staying here for once a week for 3 years and love it thank you very much I also had a brother stay here and loved it also

Room Tip: I think all the rooms here are great your lucky to get a room here
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert M
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We did not book our room in advance but were able to get a room easily. The room was typical in style and comfort. The bed was comfortable and the temperature was easy to regulate. Since I need the internet for work, I was especially interested. I was able to get on to the internet easily; however, my husband could not. The room was quiet and clean. If needed, we would probably stay again. However, we might try another motel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colby
Hampton Inn Colby
Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley
American Inn Colby
American Inn Colby
#9 of 10 in Colby

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!