Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concordia US 81
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Concordia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have actually stopped here on several other occasions but this hotel never fails to be outstanding. Check in is always by friendly staff and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Here in almost the middle of nowhere, this is a delightful stop-over.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathrynemr

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend at this motel while attending a class reunion nearby. Rooms were very clean, staff was knowledgeable and courteous. Breakfast buffet was excellent, even for vegetarians! Fitness room was a little small.

Room Tip: Since this motel gets a lot of families, I like to stay on the top floor so the noise is minimized...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I'm not sure what happened in the last few months but this was one of the best hotel stays I've had in a long time! Checked in on a Tuesday afternoon after a long drive in the rain and was met but two very young looking ladies at the front desk. Now my personal experience with young employees at virtually everywhere hasn't always been the best but these two were really wonderful employees! One was walking off somewhere but noticed the other lady on the phone so she quickly backtracked and cheerfully checked me in. She recognized me as a Rewards member and offered me water and a snack, even offering to search out some chocolate. My key cards were ready and my special request of "top floor away from elevator please" was met by putting me in the last room at the end of the hall. Fabulous!

The next morning I heard the housekeeping cart and stepped out to put a post in note on the door that I didn't need service because I didn't have a door hanger. The housekeeping employee was right there (possibly Whitney? She was the one who left the welcoming note in the room.) and was super friendly - handed me a hanger and wished me a great day.

I'm not sure if the breakfast helper was the same as last time but if not, this Manager has done it again because she was once again, the friendliest ever. The pool was nice and warm for relaxing, not freezing cold. My room was immaculately clean, very large and roomy, and the carpet throughout looked freshly installed.

I hated to leave and look forward to returning. Doesn't get much better than that when traveling.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have some traffic noise but nothing that a sound machine or app won't drown o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We have been driving for a while and needed to get off the road, stop here and got a room. The room was nice and clean. We were given a ground floor room which was nice. There was very little noise so got a good nights sleep. I did not like the breakfast so we headed on down the road.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The location of this hotel on highway 81 is convenient, and there are food and shopping choices nearby. The staff is as friendly a staff as I've experienced in some time. The breakfast area is clean and large. The suite room with 2 beds and sofa was sufficient for 3 young men.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd F
Reviewed 30 July 2013

If you are looking for a hotel review in Concordia, Kansas you are likely in wind energy, ag, doing business with the county or the junior college or passing through on 81 on a long road north or south. Whatever your reason, this little HIE turned out to be a very resonably price, comfortable stop with the kids while I was showing them the "last west of 81 highway".

Very friendly front desk. Small indoor pool and jacuzzi. Not much for swimming due to size, but for a splash or relax it worked fine. Good size suite for about 130 USD with breakfast included. There aren't a load of dining options in Concordia, but there are a couple of bar/grills, several Tex Mex restaurants - including a fast food Taco John's and a Pizza Hut just across the highway. The Pizza Hut will walk your pizza over to your room....can't beat that.

If you are in town and have a few minutes, do check out the Opera House downtown and spend a coupld of bucks on main street. This town is doing better than most on the high plains. FYI - just north and west of town are two very small sites marking the location of a WWII German POW camp that was set in the fields there. Don't know that I will be back, but if I were I would certainly stay here out of the three choices I saw.

Room Tip: If you are there in summer, face west to not have the early monring sun.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

After a long day on the road, part of which was spent driving through some very bad weather, this Holiday inn Express was welcome relief. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. She gave us a room at the end of the hall where it was nice and quiet and recommended a Mexican restaurant in downtown Concordia that had great food. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. There was a nice variety of food the next morning at breakfast. My husband was fascinated with the automatic pancake-making machine. This was the first time that we had seen one in our hotel stays. It has been a number of years since we have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. We were very pleased with our stay and will be booking more stays at this hotel chain in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concordia
Rodeway Inn
#2 of 3 in Belleville
Super 8 Beloit
Super 8 Beloit
#1 of 1 in Beloit

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concordia US 81? Share your experiences!