“Nice Staff, Reliable Internet”
Review of Hampton Inn Derby

Hampton Inn Derby
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Derby
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bryant, Arkansas
“Nice Staff, Reliable Internet”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The internet at this hotel was reliable and fast during the day and at night. As a frequest traveler, I see the inside of a hotel room an average of 10 nights per month. This Hampton was nice and clean. I had a few issues on checking, but the staff was quick to respond. The hotel swimming pool has wheelchair lifts for both the pool and hot tub. Although we didn't need help getting in and out, I thought it was really neat they had planned for someone that may need help. We had a room with two full-size beds and it seemed much smaller than normal for a Hampton. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to business and vacation travelers.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Having stayed here twice in the past two weeks in February I was impressed with the new looking property, clean rooms. This was handy to work outside of Wichita in the suburbs and an easy drive to work. Some chain kind of dining was handy. The hotel is set back from a busy road so it was also quiet from road noise.

The downside is that the other guests are easily heard all night, singing, talking and snoring so that if you are right next door to the party crowd there is no escaping it at 3:00 a.m.

I did not contact the disinterested management. If you stay here request a 3rd floor room toward the back then there is a chance that you might avoid the rabble that seems to check in here. At 3:00 a.m. I did not feel like going to the front desk in my pajamas to complain. That would have led to only more noise.

My first was the loud talking and snoring guests above and next door on 2nd floor. The next week I asked for 3rd floor. Got this. But the last night some party types moved in one door away and sang along with their radio until at least 3:30 a.m.

By turning on the air conditioner fan and stuffing my ears with ear plugs I was able to lower the decibel level, but by then it was impossible to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room toward the back and hope the party crowd shuts down before 3 a.m.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard M
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I recently stayed @ this hotel and was most impressed by the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. Seems like everyone bent over backwards to insure my stay was comfortable and satisfactory. The breakfast was really good and they even had brownbag breakfasts available in addition to the normal breakfast for those who are in a hurry. I highly recomend this hotel to anyone passing through this area. The small hometown atmosphere of the hotel and surrounding community makes anyone feel welcome.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was an extended guest at this hotel which was not comfortable. As with most small town Hampton's nowadays, one must ask for a mini fridge for their room. But if you are just passing through or staying for a vacation this is a great place for the short term. Right outside of Wichita so you aren't in all the hustle and crime of a big city. Derby is a great place to stay for families. The whole town is a sidewalk community and even has a small water park for the kids. I was always treated nicely by all the staff at this hotel. They answered any question I had and offered their assistance at all times. My room was clean and well kept by housekeeping. The parking lot and outside area was safe and well lighted. This hotel is always busy and booked due to the amount of travelers wanting to stay outside of Wichita. Book in advance and don't expect the halls to be to your quiet standard, especially in the summer. I wiould definately stay here again for a short term stay, but would have to reluctantly stay at a more extended stay hotel over in Wichita if I had to go back for business reasons.

Room Tip: Get a room with two queen beds and not a single king if you want more square footage and ask for a r...
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Dighton, Kansas
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We arrived on Friday night and checked in for our 3 night stay in room 118 without a problem. It was very humid in Wichita so we turned the AC on at night but everything felt damp in the morning. Breakfast the next morning at around 7:15am was standard, eggs, waffles, cereal, coffee, orange juice, everything was clean and replenishment was fine. The area was full so had to take my breakfast to my room.

Went out and got back to our room the way we left it. Housekeeping had skipped our room. I went to the front desk and asked if there was a problem - the woman at the front desk apologized with pretty much 'that's all we have folks take it or leave it'. The hotel was very clean so it wasn't a big problem once I took my trash to the front desk to dispose of.

Sunday evening I went down to the front desk to ask if we could check out on Monday at noon instead of 11am. There were two gentlemen at the desk and was told the manager would be in at 6am then next morning and to speak with him/her. Needless to say we just got up and left.

You know I can't say it was really bad, as I have stayed in places much worse but it was just a feeling of once they had your money service just didn't seem to matter.

Room Tip: Room was bottom floor to the back - great access
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Annitajj
Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My room was booked and available upon arrival. The location of the hotel is accessible to nearby restaurants and shopping centers. Front desk service was courteous and efficient. The room was warm and welcoming. All the amenities necessary for a comfortable stay were readily available. I especially enjoyed the bed, which was clean, comfortable and attractive. The shower was refreshing with plenty of hot water. The breakfast was well prepared with a variety of foods, and the coffee was robust and flavorful.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
weatherford, oklahoma
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We have stayed at Hampton Inns in many places, but this one cost more than others. We paid $125.00 per night for a king sized room with computer desk. It also was like a studio suite, I guess. I only wanted a king size bed, as we were only going to be there for one night, so that we could attend a funeral the following day. The room was pretty and spacious and might have been nice on another occasion when we wanted the room for a vacation or such. It had a full bath, with the sink outside of the bathroom. It had another sink, microwave, and small refrigerator at the front of the room. The computer desk sat in the middle of the room, which was a lovely separation with the bed on one side and the sofa and such on the other side. There was one pivotal tv in the room, at the computer desk that you could rotate to watch in bed or when you were sitting on the sofa. I thought for the price that they charged, that they would have two tvs there. Just very overpriced. The breakfast was nice and they have a nice eating area. Staff was friendly, though discounts weren't to be had. I would recommend it simply because it was pretty, but not because of the price.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thetravelinggrandma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Derby
Hampton Inn & Suites I-35 / Mulvane
Days Inn & Suites Wichita
#42 of 87 in Wichita
Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita
Holiday Inn Express Wichita South

Been to Hampton Inn Derby? Share your experiences!