Hampton Inn Derby
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Haysville)
View Hotel
All reviewsnearby restaurants and shoppingrecommend this hotelpool area was cleanrock roadwichita areacomplimentary breakfastwonderful staywafflesclean hotelvery nice place to staynext morningbusiness tripcleaning staffwould stay here againthe hotel staffsmall townks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I booked a room at this Hotel under a block reservation made by someone else, and the hotel staff seemed very confused and unable to comprehend that I only wanted to stay for one day (not two - from the block reservation). They verbally assured me that my reservation was correct and told me they would not have a confirmation number other than the original block reservation. When I arrived, they said they had "already charged me for last night and had no room for me tonight", so I was forced to travel to another city to stay the night and call corporate to get a refund (thank god for the Hilton Company). This Hotel did not OWN up to their mistake, and I feel they should have. I had and email stating my correct reservation date and they still refused to acknowledge their responsibility- VERY RUDE- I would avoid this place all together, especially dealing with the incompetent STAFF MEMBERS.

Room Tip: Go to Another HOTEL!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MEG007_12
Johnnie P, Owner at Hampton Inn Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Guest's documented statement to Hilton say that she received a email confirmation. According to our computer system records (which cannot altered) they show an email was sent to her with the arrival date of June 8th 2012. Upon arrival, the guest was not able to produce the email confirmaiton. Guest stated to the front desk "she left it at home". With proper documentation we would have been more than happy to refund her money. We are more than happy to work with the guest if she provides the proof/fact.

Johnnie Parmar, Owner
iluvhampton

Reviewed 5 May 2012

The internet at this hotel was reliable and fast during the day and at night. As a frequest traveler, I see the inside of a hotel room an average of 10 nights per month. This Hampton was nice and clean. I had a few issues on checking, but the staff was quick to respond. The hotel swimming pool has wheelchair lifts for both the pool and hot tub. Although we didn't need help getting in and out, I thought it was really neat they had planned for someone that may need help. We had a room with two full-size beds and it seemed much smaller than normal for a Hampton. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to business and vacation travelers.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Having stayed here twice in the past two weeks in February I was impressed with the new looking property, clean rooms. This was handy to work outside of Wichita in the suburbs and an easy drive to work. Some chain kind of dining was handy. The hotel is set back from a busy road so it was also quiet from road noise.

The downside is that the other guests are easily heard all night, singing, talking and snoring so that if you are right next door to the party crowd there is no escaping it at 3:00 a.m.

I did not contact the disinterested management. If you stay here request a 3rd floor room toward the back then there is a chance that you might avoid the rabble that seems to check in here. At 3:00 a.m. I did not feel like going to the front desk in my pajamas to complain. That would have led to only more noise.

My first was the loud talking and snoring guests above and next door on 2nd floor. The next week I asked for 3rd floor. Got this. But the last night some party types moved in one door away and sang along with their radio until at least 3:30 a.m.

By turning on the air conditioner fan and stuffing my ears with ear plugs I was able to lower the decibel level, but by then it was impossible to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room toward the back and hope the party crowd shuts down before 3 a.m.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I recently stayed @ this hotel and was most impressed by the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. Seems like everyone bent over backwards to insure my stay was comfortable and satisfactory. The breakfast was really good and they even had brownbag breakfasts available in addition to the normal breakfast for those who are in a hurry. I highly recomend this hotel to anyone passing through this area. The small hometown atmosphere of the hotel and surrounding community makes anyone feel welcome.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was an extended guest at this hotel which was not comfortable. As with most small town Hampton's nowadays, one must ask for a mini fridge for their room. But if you are just passing through or staying for a vacation this is a great place for the short term. Right outside of Wichita so you aren't in all the hustle and crime of a big city. Derby is a great place to stay for families. The whole town is a sidewalk community and even has a small water park for the kids. I was always treated nicely by all the staff at this hotel. They answered any question I had and offered their assistance at all times. My room was clean and well kept by housekeeping. The parking lot and outside area was safe and well lighted. This hotel is always busy and booked due to the amount of travelers wanting to stay outside of Wichita. Book in advance and don't expect the halls to be to your quiet standard, especially in the summer. I wiould definately stay here again for a short term stay, but would have to reluctantly stay at a more extended stay hotel over in Wichita if I had to go back for business reasons.

Room Tip: Get a room with two queen beds and not a single king if you want more square footage and ask for a refrigerator upon reservation as they may not have one available at check in.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business