“Brandnew hotel with huge rooms”

Hampton Inn and Suites Dodge City
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Vila Velha, ES
“Brandnew hotel with huge rooms”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed one night in this new hotel on our trip from Tulsa to Colorado Springs. The room is huge (we had a two bedroom suite) and had an excellent rest. The breakfast area is modern with a "Western" touch. The recpetionist was very friendly. Parking is free. Only minus point is that the hotel is outside of town and there are no sign showing the way and the GPS does not recognize the address (yet).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dodge City, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit with us in May. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with us during your visit to Dodge City. We look forward to your return. Have a great day!

Bart Lowell
Hampton Inn & Suites Dodge City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Was only a month or so old when I was there. Very nice comfortable rooms. Seems like a good value for the money but my guess is those rates will start to creep up.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suties Dodge City. Thank you for taking a moment to let us know about your experience. The next time your travels bring you back to Dodge City, please join us once again. Have a great day!

Bart Lowell
Hampton Inn & Suites Dodge City
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed at this new Hampton Inn last week for a conference in the adjacent Magouirk Center. The hotel had only been open for 10 days when I arrived.

On the plus side, I really like the new Hampton Inn room design - spacious room, very comfortable king bed, sofa sleeper and chair in a separate area, large flat screen TV, and a very generous desk area with ample power outlets everywhere. They also offered a very good hot breakfast with a wide variety of high-quality food choices, had a VERY nice exercise room (the best I've ever seen in a mid-price hotel), and a very nice pool/spa area. I really like this new Hampton look! The hotel staff were all absolutely wonderful folks - polite, responsive, sincerely interested in talking with you, and always striving to please. They were some of the best I've met in many years of travel.

Here's the downside - they really weren't ready to be open yet when I was there. Many things in my room were still covered with construction dust, most notably the inside of the dresser drawers (which I discovered when I pulled my black shirt out!). Contractors were still installing the baseboard moldings in the hallway right outside my door (noisily). In my room, the bathroom exhaust fan didn't work, and one of the drawers in the desk/dresser combo was broken (off its track and wouldn't slide). At breakfast, I was disappointed that they didn't have regular tea bags for hot tea, and there were no lids for the coffee cups, which made walking with one very dicey. The maid service was not the best - my room was never vacuumed in the four days I was there, and they completely ignored the "Do Not Disturb" sign that I hung on the door! They also had a habit of moving everything in the room back to its original location, such as stowing the hair dryer back in a bag under the sink instead of leaving it on the counter where I had it. But the worst part had to be the horrible smell in the room - sewer gas! I thought maybe the issue was new drains with empty plumbing traps, but when I spoke to the nice person at the front desk, she very honestly told me that they were having a problem with sewer gas getting into their ventilation system and that they were working on the problem. Every time I walked back into the room, I was hit by that smell of rotten eggs - not delightful!

Overall, I'd stay at this hotel again in the hope that they'll resolve everything before I return. I give them a 4 out of 5 rating only because of the issues; they'd rank 5 out of 5 if they get it all working smoothly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on away from the wind - it can really howl in western Kansas!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David K
Judith S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dodge City, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for choosing our brand new Hampton Inn & Suites. We are happy you enjoyed all our wonderful amenities. Our hotel team strives to provide warm, friendly, and attentive service to our guests. Since we were newly opened at the time of your stay with us, we appreciate your feedback regarding areas of opportunity where we can improve.These items have been resolved. The system problem you referred to occurred on common grounds of the facility. It has been corrected there, and we have installed preventative equipment so this will never be a future issue. Please contact me personally if your plans bring you back to Dodge City so I can handle all aspects of your stay personally. Again, we thank you for choosing us, and for giving us the opportunity to make your future stays memorable.
Stonewood, West Virginia
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Wonderful hotel, brand new and as always the staff at The Hampton Inn is top notch, very accommodating. It's next door to the Boot Hill Casino and Resort. Highly recommend

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stevewvu
Judith S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dodge City, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your great comments about our brand new Hampton Inn & Suites of Dodge City! It is our goal as a team to provide an experience which exceeds our guests' expectations. We appreciate that you chose us for your stay, and we hope you will return to us whenever the trail leads you back to Dodge City!
Judith Steele, General Manager