“Simply Outstanding Food but Only So-so Slots”

Boothill Casino and Resort
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Dodge City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Boot Hill Casino & Resort features over 700 electronic gaming machines, 18 table games, 5 live poker tables, a 150-seat casual dining restaurant known as Firesides at Boot Hill, Wild Bill’s Beer Bar for a variety of specialty, imported and domestic beers, Cowboy Cafe for a light fare on-the-go, and also offers retail logo’ed items.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Simply Outstanding Food but Only So-so Slots”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had not been to the Boothill Casino for about one year so we decided to give it a try on a Tuesday. The slots were pretty tight, and the only reason we broke even was because I mistakenly made a $7.50 bet that returned $221. Even that return on a $7.50 bet was pretty poor when you consider the bet. Poor payouts in Kansas casinos seems to be the norm. Now when it came to the food in the Boothill Firesides restaurant we can't say enough good about it. We did not expect much, especially on a Tuesday, but we were in for an amazing surprise. Both my wife and I were given complimentary meals, and I had the 9.99 prime rib and my wife had the 16.99 grilled salmon. Both of our meals were simply outstanding - much, much better than we've ever expected . The prime rib was without doubt the best one I have ever had at any price - thick, juicy, and tasty and my wife's salmon was so good it must have just come from the water and could never have been frozen. Wow! To top it off the baked potato was a real one - no microwave there I'd bet. Oh yeah and the waitress who helped us was a jewel. Our congratulations to everyone in the restaurant, and especially all the folks that purchase and cook the food - they are food geniuses! We are looking forward to going back to the Boothill Casino mostly for the food, and we'll recommend all of our friends do likewise. Please don't change a thing and give raises to everyone involved :-) If it were not for the tight slots we'd give this place five stars, but as for the food we darn sure give it 10 stars and we wished we lived a little closer!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank koogambler

Colorado Springs, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice casino, but the serice in the restraunt could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Inside the casino area, everything is sparking clean and they are constantly cleaning. We had the prime rib dinner while we were there and it was pretty good, but the service was not. We spent a lot of time waiting on the server for taking our order, waiting for drinks, and waiting for the bill. Overall all, I would not go back.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Doug33364
Ft Lauderdale, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

This casino is owned by the state of Kansas and has just the flare you would expect. The slots are locked down to the worst odds I have ever seen --- and I hate slots. The table minimums for blackjack were so high that nobody was playing. The restaurant closes at 8pm, I assume right after the blue hairs go to bed. Avoid this place like the plague. Dodge City is not for night life. Get a good sleep at the Dodge House Hotel and spend the day at the Boot Hill Museum.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Frequent_Traveller99
salida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Very nice casino but cant believe they charge you for drinks while your gambling. The machines pay pretty good. We go to Cripple Creek a lot and they provide free drinks while you gamble.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank marksalida
Evansville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stood there for a couple of days and loved it. You did not feel like you couldn't breath in that casino. Well ventilated. Large Room. I definitely would go back. We stood at the Hampton Inn right next door and staff was very personable. Even had brown bag breakfast for us when we left at 4:30 a.m.

Visited May 2013