“Excellent minus one thing...”

Boothill Casino and Resort
Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Dodge City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Boot Hill Casino & Resort features over 700 electronic gaming machines, 18 table games, 5 live poker tables, a 150-seat casual dining restaurant known as Firesides at Boot Hill, Wild Bill’s Beer Bar for a variety of specialty, imported and domestic beers, Cowboy Cafe for a light fare on-the-go, and also offers retail logo’ed items.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

On 4-26-2014 the wife and I made our second trip to this casino. Overall it is very clean and well ventilated. Not once did we notice the smoke and we were there from 4:30pm until almost 10:30pm. The bathrooms were very well kept and clean. Drink prices were a little steep compared to most (around $4.50 for a Michelob Ultra). Good selection of slots and video poker. Table minimums on Blackjack seemed very high ($15) for a smaller, state run, casino.

The main complaint we had was the service of one of the bartenders. There are two bars in the casino, one for beer only and another full service bar near the restaurant. When ordering a few beers from the restaurant bar, the younger, Hispanic female with her hair pulled into a bun, was anything but friendly. I tipped the first time even after being scolded for ordering more than two drinks (as my wife was walking up to grab the beer for her and my dad). I noticed that she had just been serving a big group and may have been tired of dealing with them. The second time I went up to order two more beers, was even worse. She gave me my total before I could get my second order out and when I thanked her for the drinks, she simply turned around and ignored me. My wife walked up and noticed the very rude interaction and said "Thank You!" and without turning around the rude bartender said "Thanks". That was the only bad experience of the night.

The restaurant food was decent. About what you would expect for the prices. My dad also hit 4 A's with a 3 kicker for a win of $1000!

Overall a good experience, minus the crappy bartender!

1  Thank John C
in 55 reviews
"gambling"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Dodge City doesn't live up to its raucous past on a Sunday evening. We searched the town looking for a place for a quiet drink, and ended up here after getting lost. It's a nice friendly casino.. A nice place to lose a few dollars, and comfortable place to drink. Wish we'd eaten here.. Food looked goo, and good value.

1  Thank Anne Lorraine S
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Friendly environment
Clean all around.
Can't wait to return
Wasn't real impressed with the food
But for gambling it was worth the trip

1  Thank Tonja W
Reviewed 27 March 2014

What a great selection of machines and games! Clean bathrooms, great selection of dining with a motel connected!!

1  Thank Jan P
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had not been to the Boothill Casino for about one year so we decided to give it a try on a Tuesday. The slots were pretty tight, and the only reason we broke even was because I mistakenly made a $7.50 bet that returned $221. Even that return on a $7.50 bet was pretty poor when you consider the bet. Poor payouts in Kansas casinos seems to be the norm. Now when it came to the food in the Boothill Firesides restaurant we can't say enough good about it. We did not expect much, especially on a Tuesday, but we were in for an amazing surprise. Both my wife and I were given complimentary meals, and I had the 9.99 prime rib and my wife had the 16.99 grilled salmon. Both of our meals were simply outstanding - much, much better than we've ever expected . The prime rib was without doubt the best one I have ever had at any price - thick, juicy, and tasty and my wife's salmon was so good it must have just come from the water and could never have been frozen. Wow! To top it off the baked potato was a real one - no microwave there I'd bet. Oh yeah and the waitress who helped us was a jewel. Our congratulations to everyone in the restaurant, and especially all the folks that purchase and cook the food - they are food geniuses! We are looking forward to going back to the Boothill Casino mostly for the food, and we'll recommend all of our friends do likewise. Please don't change a thing and give raises to everyone involved :-) If it were not for the tight slots we'd give this place five stars, but as for the food we darn sure give it 10 stars and we wished we lived a little closer!

3  Thank koogambler