“Flat out waste of my time and money.”

Casey's Cowtown Club
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Dodge City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Flat out waste of my time and money.”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stopped in here because my husband was really wanting a good steak. We tried to call ahead thinking that it might be busy on a Friday night as can be expected at a good steakhouse....it was not busy...but no one answered the phone. When we arived the hostess station was unattended so we waited a little over 5 minutes (really not too bad of a wait) before someone arrived to seat us. After being seated the waitress took our drink order upon returning with our drinks our food was ordered did not see the waitress again until our food arrived then had to find her so we could pay the ticket and leave, my husband ordered his food rare and received it medium - well. Burgers were way over cooked and just not good. Overall I have to say this place was a joke but hey, so is the rest of Dodge city.

1 Thank 5somebodiesmommy

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A steak you would expect from Waffle House.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for less than a quarter-inch thick overdone rib-eye then this is the place for you. The service was good, but the food was very disappointing. Ordered the same items a couple of days later at a restaurant in New Mexico and the steak was perfectly cooked, about an inch thick, and at a lower price.

Visited August 2013
Kerrville, Texas
“Superb!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were looking for a steakhouse in Dodge City and selected Casey's from Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. Superb steak and service. Shown around by the owner; not fancy but authentic, clean and comfortable. In fact, we went back for Sunday breakfast and had another great steak. Highly recommend this place.

“Possibly Overated”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We received 4 recommendations to eat at Casey's but I believe they were trying to boost their business. Upon eating and sitting down, I was concerned there was absolutely no one else in the place during the noon hour. As far as the food, it was just OK. I had the steak, and it was just OK. The string beans may have been canned or frozen. The staff was very nice and very accommodating but I wouldn't have expected less since we were the only people there.

“Tourist trap”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My family of seven waited at the hostess station next to the “wait to be seated” sign for five minutes, with no hostess in sight. I noticed the cordless phone I had tried to call earlier sitting on the station when it began ringing. Both times it went unanswered. After the hostess apologetically seated us, we were greeted by our waitress.
She took our drink orders and a bit later, our entrée orders were in. I ordered the large prime rib “rare”. The wife and kids had ordered various versions of a hamburger. After the food arrived, I looked down at my $23.00 hunk of meat only to be greeted with disappointment. The cut was approximately 50% fat. A glutton for punishment, I flipped the cut over to find it was closer to medium well.
“Ma’am, this cut is not rare” I explained to the waitress. Knowingly, the waitress shot back “It is 8 o’clock at night and that is the rarest piece left.” Let’s be clear on this point, prime rib is only offered Friday and Saturday night at this restaurant. She offered to replace the order with another meal, I declined. The meal was sent back and I did not eat. Never send a meal back and accept a replacement…
The kids were happy to offer me some of their cooked to charcoal burger, which were left largely uneaten. I passed up the opportunity to break some teeth. The Fat Tire I had ordered had gone skunky and I can honestly say the best part of my meal was the Blue Moon. Beer $3 each, Kids burgers $4.50 each, Wrangler burger and Trail Boss burger $15, never recommending Casey’s Cowtown….priceless.

1 Thank Bostick7